What's new

Kings Dominion | Tumbili | S&S Freespin | 2022

gengarhaunts87

Roller Poster
so where exactly is this located at ? 1st i thought over by avalanche. but to the left i see I 305, and the right i see dominator.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
so where exactly is this located at ? 1st i thought over by avalanche. but to the left i see I 305, and the right i see dominator.
I don't know the park well, but figured I'd be able to reverse-logic it out from that picture. Turns out it's already noted on Google Maps!

nGqv0Ir.jpg

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Last edited:

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Potentially much bigger 'news' than just Arachnidia, KDFans spotted this earlier:

Full disclosure, this could totally be an over-analyzation of why the map shows the full area (meaning Backlot, Anaconda, Flight of Fear, and Intimidator 305). On the other hand, the artwork could have very well have just cropped the "Jungle X" map to not include all of these attractions. It's definitely not a secret that they have more planned for the area, but I'd be pretty surprised if Jungle Xpedition expands that far... especially if it reaches I305. Retheming & repainting smaller rides is fine, but can you really attempt that with your MAIN RIDE?

Matt N

CF Legend
They might attempt it with I305; stranger things have happened, and I’m led to believe that it’s not overly popular (?). Perhaps the Dale Earnhardt (sorry if I spelt that wrong) sponsorship has expired?

Indy

Hyper Poster
They might attempt it with I305; stranger things have happened, and I’m led to believe that it’s not overly popular (?). Perhaps the Dale Earnhardt (sorry if I spelt that wrong) sponsorship has expired?
Nah, you nailed the spelling.

I last visited the park on a Saturday in the summer and rarely had to wait more than a single train, if at all. It's not integrated into the park well and I really don't think the Dale Earnhardt theme resonates well with the average park goer. Seems like it could use a retheme. The bigger question is what do they do with Flight of Fear?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
The bigger question is what do they do with Flight of Fear?
Go full Temple of the Night Hawk or something, idk. They'd have to entirely rework the interior and exterior. Would take more than a new coat of paint.

I305 is the elephant in the room. A retheme is almost inevitable as the Dale Earnhardt rights will expire eventually, although when is unclear. I wouldn't count on the park rushing to retheme it until they have to.

Backlot is the coaster that my local friends have been discussing. The coaster is built entirely around its current theme in such a way that it simply can't be rethemed without having to dump more capital into reworking the ride than it is worth. In short, they can't and won't retheme it.

The most logical option would be to keep the pathway with I305, Backlot, FoF, and Anaconda separately integrated from Jungle Expedition while it has the Volcano plot of land at its disposal. Props to the park for the and marvelously realized ride themes that are being integrated within the new area, but the retheme of the other coasters (bar Anaconda, which likely isn't going to last long enough to justify a makeover) is simply a hard pill to chew for the near future.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I suppose that technically means we can unstick, too.

Just about all the fanfare this +1 deserves...