What's new

Kiddie Coasters!

mouse

Giga Poster
What kiddie coasters have you been on that really stand out?
I can't actually think of any ATM, but I'll get back to you! :p

Ollie

CF Legend
Flight of the Hippogriff at Islands of Adventure.
I thought it was just going to be a small +1 credit. But when we went down the drop we flew round and it was so unexpected and I actually had to hold on and brace myself. It just really took my by surprise. :lol:

Edit: This one was good fun as well. Was probably my favourite coaster from the park. :p
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYEAqMxFRDM&feature=related[/youtube]

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The one at Knoebels (can't think of the name offhand) stands out. It's tiny, but actually really fun.

Valley of the Gnomes at Fiabilandia is FAB as well. As a coaster, it's ****, but the theming and everything, while really tacky, is cool.

Lofty

CF Legend
Tomahawk, Port Aventura.

The back row is just amazing. Such a brutal but fab ride. I love it with all my heart. I'd actually rate it over Stampida at current.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Drayton Manor do a good line in kiddie coasters. They're both IP themes but still, Ben 10 packs a surprising punch for its small and shallow drop, while Troublesome Trucks is a nice smooth fun ride that still manages to be enjoyable.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^^Agreed, Ben 10 looks small but it's actually quite a big drop, it also feels fairly fast too...

Troublesome trucks is actually fairly thrilling...

Enigma and snake in the grass at pleasurewood hills are quite fun too

I think we can exclude all big apple coasters...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Teeny Weeny at Tssenfryd.

g5to7g80c4000276jqab73.jpg

Smallest coaster in the world and it's so lame, it's fab.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Did you even add that to your coastercount???

Seriously it doesn't look that bad...

I'd be screaming my head off on that ride!(LOL)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Flight of the Hippogriff/Woodstock's Express at Cedar Point

Such a big layout for a kiddie coaster!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
That picture makes Teeny-Weeny look big, really. It is that small. Loving it, because it's so small it's almost pointless. It has a tire lift with three tires. Maximum height difference is less than one metre. The station takes up almost a quarter of the track. You can run around the coaster twice in the timespan of one run (three laps). Still, it is a full-fledged rollercoaster: it's not powered, and it coasts.

Ben

CF Legend
I'd say the YoungStars, but, they're blates NOT Kiddie Coasters, they're Family Coasters. They're too big to be Kiddies.

I'd STRUGGLE to say the Vekoma Roller Skaters are Kiddies either, I'd say they're family. They're at least at the top end of Kiddie coasters.

Same with Ben 10 actually. Troublesome Trucks is a Kiddie, but, Ben 10 is like, 65ft tall... And not actually "aimed" at small children only, but, the whole family.

The YoungStars are defo Family Coasters though, or I'd answer this with Thunder Mountain or Colorado Adventure...

As for ACTUAL Kiddie Coasters...

ic006159l1qt800ab9fp04.jpg

And all the clones <3 Amazing <3

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
All of the bigger Tivoli's are good simple fun.

There's a couple of customized Rollerskaters out there that are heads and shoulders above the clones, too.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^LOL

But which is better? Flying fish or the runaway mine trains at chessington and Alton? I'd say Alton's myself...

What about best kiddie flat rides?

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
^Yeah but Altons I would class as a family ride.

As for the question, which kiddies coasters stand out? Definately Ortobruco Tour at Gardaland. 6 lifthills on a caterpillar coaster, madness!