What's new

Kent, England | The London Resort | Entertainment Complex

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: New Paramount park for England 2018

To good to be true, surely?

As amazing as this would be (if it did well), I just can't see it happening. Not in the 'Double-Dip Recession' that we are in.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

Wow! It's amazing to thonk a park on this scale will be built in the UK. Even though it's a long time away and I may not even be living in the UK anymore, I still hope this will happen.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they make these grand announcements and then gauge the public response to either use it to support claims for investors and go from there

spicy

Giga Poster

^ Yeah of course that's one of the reasons they have made this huge announcement, looks like all the responses have been positive which can only be good for the project and encourage investors.

It's had a lot of coverage today on the news, I've seen at least 4 different reports on the news today all of which have been positive, so they have definitely got the coverage that they wanted, it's all to try to gain further investment.

I've noticed they have reiterated the job opportunities more than anything during the reports, obviously to encourage government funding.

Jake

Strata Poster

Oooh, it will sit nicely next to the Thames Estuary airport.

Oh, wait.

Paramount shouldn't ever be allowed anywhere near a theme park again anyway. Ever.

bmac

Giga Poster

I hope they can get this thing done, but it's so far up the pipeline that it could become its own obstacle. I don't think the one in Korea is doing all that well in terms of construction pace and the one in Dubai, well...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^And Japan, from back in 2004.

And Spain, though that's a recent addition to the already hugely successful Paramount family of parks.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Why do they keep announcing projects though if they can't stick to their guns? Why do investors keep 'showing interest' and being like, yes, we'll put our money into this, seems like a good idea, if they have literally never made good on their promises in like......10 years? I just don't get it!

spicy

Giga Poster

I think this is different to the other Paramount projects though, in that the project was already in planning and the planners then approached Paramount parks to get their brand on board. Paramount haven't put a penny into this project yet according to the times.

I assume the 'failed' Paramount projects were different to this?

Smithy

Strata Poster

nadroJ said:
Why do they keep announcing projects though if they can't stick to their guns? Why do investors keep 'showing interest' and being like, yes, we'll put our money into this, seems like a good idea, if they have literally never made good on their promises in like......10 years? I just don't get it!

Cheap marketing?

nadroJ

CF Legend

But, why market something you're not delivering? Surely the more times you don't deliver the goods the worse a name you're going to make for yourself? Idiocy.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

Well it was all over the BBC / ITV News broadcasts yesterday and still is today as a main story. Looks promising if its already gotten this sort of media attention. They also promise roller coasters, which was said last night.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^Means nothing. The Korean park was "all over" the news there, and nothing has come of it. The Dubai park was hardly a low-key announcement, and I'm pretty sure the recent Spain announcement would've garnered plenty of media attention there, too.

Idlewild

Mega Poster

Thekingin64 said:
It looks to me that there's some sort of wooden coaster structure on the left side of the park. If it is, that looks brilliant
Looks like some sort of mountain thing, from the high res pic that was in the papers.

The wooden coaster is on the right hand side of the park and is massive, possibly a contender for longest coaster. It also has a loop.

What I'm hoping for is a multi motion dark ride the Spanish park was rumoured to have one so I hope this one will.

In regards to the other parks, all that is linking them is the franchise and are in fact run by seperate companies. Korea for example is run by Daewoo motor sales.

Ben

CF Legend

nadroJ said:

Welcome to the World of investing in large projects.

So, so, so few of the projects that have "interest" in them actually get built. Daddy does these sort of projects for a living, and the amount that would have been really cool that get this far and then get scrapped is ridiculous.

But, I'm just going to go ride Stunt Fall next to the M6.

Martyn B

CF Legend

I'm sure the Spanish park is a genuine project though. If I'm right in thinking construction has already started on it...

Edit: Just found the Spanish thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29193&hilit=paramount+spain

So going by the last update from Ian, construction should have started this year...?

But from reading through the thread again, and all the offical updates, it did/does seem like a legit project.... Unlike the majority of 'new park' threads/projects we see.

bmac

Giga Poster

Tip: That's concept art, it may not look anything like that 6 years up the pipeline.

Ben

CF Legend

Martyn B said:
So going by the last update from Ian, construction should have started this year...?

So, um, the fact that it should have started and we haven't heard a thing in a year isn't ringing any alarm bells?

It doesn't make it less of a genuine project. Like I said, lots of genuine projects. They just don't get finished.

Nic

Strata Poster

In terms of what the concept art shows then yeah, the woodie is on the right. **** on a stick, now I've seen it, that actually made my jaw hit the floor. That must be some kind of steel 'terrain' coaster on the left then (if hills built up with the sole purpose of plonking a cred on can be called a terrain coaster)

Shame it'll never happen.