What's new

Kent, England | The London Resort | Entertainment Complex

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
So although not directly related to this project it might give some idea what was once planned for this dead as a doorknob park

Some recent leaks from the Paramount Park in Kunming, China that is under construction already despite having been announced years after this thing.

Coasters

Italian Job: Overdrive
Premier special effects backlot coaster

Red Baron
GCI Junior Wooden Coaster

Tomb Raider: Escape from Emerald Mountain
Vekoma Mine Train

Thunder Falls
Premier Water Coaster (yeah I know)

Warp Drive
Launched coaster (document doesn't specify manafacturer but says both Mack and B&M have been looked at)

This seems like a decent line up for any park and if say this ride lineup was the same as what was planned for the UK park how would you feel?

These all come from an Environmental Impact report about the Chinese Park that was found from earlier this year.

My friend Michael has posted a full rundown of every ride and restaurant mentioned in the document having translated it from its native Chinese over on Themeparx and can be seen a few posts down on here. (Themeparx doesn't allow copy and pasting other wise I'd have copied it over)

Matt N

CF Legend
So although not directly related to this project it might give some idea what was once planned for this dead as a doorknob park

Some recent leaks from the Paramount Park in Kunming, China that is under construction already despite having been announced years after this thing.

Coasters

Italian Job: Overdrive
Premier special effects backlot coaster

Red Baron
GCI Junior Wooden Coaster

Tomb Raider: Escape from Emerald Mountain
Vekoma Mine Train

Thunder Falls
Premier Water Coaster (yeah I know)

Warp Drive
Launched coaster (document doesn't specify manafacturer but says both Mack and B&M have been looked at)

This seems like a decent line up for any park and if say this ride lineup was the same as what was planned for the UK park how would you feel?

These all come from an Environmental Impact report about the Chinese Park that was found from earlier this year.

My friend Michael has posted a full rundown of every ride and restaurant mentioned in the document having translated it from its native Chinese over on Themeparx and can be seen a few posts down on here. (Themeparx doesn't allow copy and pasting other wise I'd have copied it over)

I must admit, that sounds like a very intriguing coaster lineup, for multiple reasons!

In terms of each individual coaster:
  • I’d assume Italian Job: Overdrive will be very similar to, if not identical to, the Backlot Stunt Coasters built at the ex-Paramount parks in America.
  • Red Baron intrigues me, as I think this will be GCI’s first junior wooden coaster, correct me if I’m wrong? I suppose you could count things like the White Lightning clones and InvadR at a push, but I think even those are listed as “Thrill” on RCDB. This will be their first time building a true junior woodie, and I’ll be very intrigued to see what they pull off, as Gravity Group is currently far more active in the junior wooden coaster market than GCI.
  • Tomb Raider sounds like it should be good; mine trains are always solid family coasters!
  • I must admit that the choice of a Premier water coaster for Thunder Falls surprises me, as I didn’t even think Premier built water coasters anymore. I would have expected a manufacturer who still actively builds water coasters, such as Mack or Intamin, to be in charge of this. Still, I’ll be intrigued to see what Premier pulls off!
  • Warp Drive sounds really interesting, and I’d assume that this is the Star Trek-themed coaster that was always shown on the early London Resort concept art. A Mack launch coaster would be a great fit, in my opinion, but I’d also be equally intrigued to see what B&M would pull off; Thunderbird mostly gets rave reviews from those who’ve ridden, so I’d be very intrigued to potentially see B&M try either another launched wing coaster or a launch on a different ride type.
In terms of whether I think this would be a good lineup for the London Resort, I like the sound of it! There’s a main thrill coaster in there, but there’s also quite a nice variety for all ages as well, with some ride types that would be unique to the UK! Chances are, though, that the London Resort will end up having a very different coaster lineup to this, as the project has evolved way beyond the original Paramount proposal, and the current management likely have very different ideas of what they want to do with the park (even the concept art looks quite drastically different to what was originally announced in 2012).