What's new

Just Been Dumped, On A Downer :(

A

Anonymous

kimahri said:
I feel like I'm being troll'd.

Second.

And if this post is for real, sorry to hear man...but TWO WEEKS?
Mine broke up with me after close to 2 years...k?

^ Maybe he just meant he had spent two full weeks with her on vacation, not as the full time they were dating.

Two weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of things. In two weeks time you probably will be over it.

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
No, we were together 4 years and 7 months. I meant the last 2 weeks had been really really on a high note and then it just ended. I know I'm only young but even at this age you still think you will be with them forever. And yeah there are 'plenty more fish' but its hard to drop nearly 5 years and start again. Maybe I could get a hooker. Or just turn gay ;)
But seriously it hurts. And its hard to move on and not just because we didn't have kids :L

#pmbo

Roller Poster
I feel sorry for you mate. That can't be the easiest of break-ups. It just shows how things can take a sharp turn for the worst, even when things are going great. You may find that you keep replaying the last 4 years to work out what went wrong? But try and keep your spirits up as it'll affect your energy levels, then that will affect your fitness and keep going round in a vicous circle.
What you need to do now is ask her what her actual reasons are. If she just wants time away then play along and let her miss you. If she doesn't, then you'll just have to try to find someone else, as hard as it may be. But after a while, you'll realise that it begins to hurt less and less until it doesn't hurt at all.
Well, I hope that helps and I wish you the best of luck!

zcl

Mega Poster
CoasterKing said:
No, we were together 4 years and 7 months. I meant the last 2 weeks had been really really on a high note and then it just ended. I know I'm only young but even at this age you still think you will be with them forever. And yeah there are 'plenty more fish' but its hard to drop nearly 5 years and start again. Maybe I could get a hooker. Or just turn gay ;)
But seriously it hurts. And its hard to move on and not just because we didn't have kids :L

If she was the one that left, you'll see how much sense it makes to move on when she starts messing with other guys.

RJM

Roller Poster
Well almost 5 years means you were together since like 13. So I mean it makes sense in a way. She obviously sees all her mates having fun with people and feels like she's missing out. I mean honestly most people would in a situation like that. I'm afraid you may just have to face up to the fact that love isn't everything, things change and maybe this is the perfect chance for you to wallow, get over it and be stronger. Advice, suck it up man. Don't fly past this opportunity, take your time, get over it, and figure out if you wanna' do the same thing. But remember, honestly, love is not everything. Trust me.