What's new

Jer goes to: Zombie Invasion @ Dorney Park - A PTR!

Jer

Strata Poster
Hello everyone for another great PTR, this trip was to replace my broken dreams this year of going to SFNE, Lake Compounce, and Canobie. Basically it was a Zombie walk at Dorney park, with the the intent of breaking a world record, this one being for Most Costumed Riders on a ride. The previous record being 250, i'll let you know about that later!

We arrived there the latest i've ever been to Dorney which was at 3:00, the make up for the event started at 6 and the park would be closed down at 7 to the public for the event.

hpim0784k.jpg

hpim0785h.jpg

This is Frank, it was his first time being at Dorney

hpim0794s.jpg

We did my usual circuit to begin, so we hit up Thunderhawk first, this ride is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, and they are refurbishing some of the wood on the turn around.

After Thunderhawk came Steel Force, another ride that is just pure fun, and still smooth as glass

hpim0798.jpg

hpim0799n.jpg

speaking of smooth as glass, we did the complete opposite afterwards and hit up Hydra, Frank needed quite the buddy pop to fit into the big boy seats on this, No idea why, he usually fits on B&M seats pretty well.

hpim0807i.jpg

hpim0808.jpg

To say the least, Hydra is very photogenic....

hpim0812j.jpg

hpim0813r.jpg

Hydra, you suck for a B&M, But then, not even a 5min walk away.....Talon, which well....doesn't suck....at all for any manufacturer of coaster. It was odd that Frank fit so well on Talon, but not on Hydra, can anyone confirm that Floorless, and Invert OTSRs are different?

hpim0818k.jpg

hpim0820y.jpg

hpim0821.jpg

hpim0824.jpg

Then we did Possessed, the only ride that scares the living **** out of me, I still ride it, but it actually scares me.

hpim0805.jpg

hpim0806.jpg

We did Steel Force one more time before heading for make-up, food, and judging (you needed to be a certain way before they let you participate in the record.

hpim0827n.jpg

Greg getting his Make Up Done

hpim0831.jpg

Zombie Frank

My camera sucks at night shots, so here are some Zombie highlights

hpim0833p.jpg

Zombie Santa

hpim0835.jpg

The longest wait i've ever had for Steel Force :lol:

hpim0836.jpg

As for the record, we not only beat the record, we shattered it, previous being 250, now current 330! The ride we did it on Steel Force, and my train was the second out of the station, they were dispatching so fast they were beating the blocks, as soon as we hit the lift, the other train just cleared the MCBR

Hope you enjoyed my report guys, that night was intense!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Nice report! Glad to see the photos and remember my own trip. Is it just me, or are Zombies replacing Vampires as all the rage?

Jer

Strata Poster
Nah Zombies have always been just below cool.

Also ride counts:
Steel Force x4
Talon x3
Possessed x2
Thunderhawk x1
Hydra x1
Enterprise x1
Whip x1

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
What? No Woodstock Express? Guess you just don't enjoy pain as much as I thought (since your guilty pleasure is Thunderhawk). :p
Would have been nice to see you all zombiefied. :wink: