What's new

Istanbul, Turkey | Landora Temalı | Theme Park

Josh73

Giga Poster
Re: Another New Theme Park for Turkey

Those pictures took forever to load so I stopped looking. Looks good from what I saw though, pretty small, but nothing special. Should be a good addition as there aren't too many parks in Turkey(are there even any open?).

peep

CF Legend

What is it with all these new parks getting announced all of a sudden?

According to rcdb it'll be open next year? That doesn't sound right as this seems quite early on in the project development. There doesn't seem to be that much info on the website but I like the fact it's also in English. It does say one of the designers was behind DLP so maybe this is one to watch?

Lofty

CF Legend

This isn't exactly a park as such, it's just a section of a mall that's got rides inside it. It's still good that Turkey are getting something like this..

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ Did you look at the official website?

Yeah, didn't think so.

**** off huge castle, 7 different areas, including dark rides, large outdoor area plus indoor section.... sounds a bit more than a 'section of mall with rides innit'.

Lofty

CF Legend

I didn't notice that, "Concept" button at the top, I only briefly looked at spotted the option in which I chose.

To be fair, talking condescending towards me kind of started the hostility. I'm not going to discuss it further.

Jake

Strata Poster

^ Yeah, Martyn, you totes started it.

What did I say about Turkey being the next place to have a Theme Park boom... yeah.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

Yaaaaaay Turkey :D

Its about time they've realised the potential... I mean, its only been the number 1 tourist destination for the past 10 years. No biggy or anything....

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^Apart from France, the USA, China, Spain, Italy and and the UK you mean?

I've been looking into going to Istanbul, but may have to hold off a while if this actually happens.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

^ Yay wiki geek... Well done. :)
This needs to happen though, its silly not to let it happen. Its well overdue.

Martyn B

CF Legend

This park/complex is coming along nicely:

28s70nm504e152cig0c006.jpg

cnn5p8040033obr2g274ih.jpg

igs4e952o2g0k0027gnm50.jpg

bohua020008uauok0hp4ka.jpg

Ethan

Strata Poster

Looks nice, the rocks look slightly cheap in places but what d'ya expect :)

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I pass through Istanbul a lot and took the chance when i had a stop over of 4 hours to visit this park a little while ago. Nothing has changed really still dead.

Which is a massive shame. This would have been big news if it had opened on time. But since then Vialand, ViaSea and Moi Park have all opened withing the same city and put it to shame.

The future for this does not look good.
Sorry for the size of these pics. they are still full size from my camera

IMG_2592.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

IMG_2586.jpg

An abandoned shopping trolley is always a sign of how well a park is doing.

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

IMG_2591.jpg

Looks busy.

Sorry all the pics are from that one road and of the Vekoma. But i had to scramble up a muddy hill to get there and i was running out of time :p