What's new

iSpeed, Intamin LSM coaster for Mirabilandia in 2009

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I'm sure Intamin wouldn't build a coaster that can't crest the first hill. I'm sure it'll get over the tophat just fine, without a launch going up, plus, doesn't it twist as it ascends?

As far as I know, you can't have launches on twisted track.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
You know what's weird, that this thread is here and not in construction... and if there is one in construction, it's not 6 pages.

Also another thing that is weird... this coaster is being built entirely in the closed season... ok maybe not that weird, just after watching SAW get built over many months, it's odd.
I guess there is no theming on this ride.

Wonder if we will see much in the way of construction pics over the winter...

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Well, as I think we both anticipate, the themeing will be on light side.

Perhaps they will have a mock up F1 car next to the queue like Top Gun:The Jet Coaster/Afterburn featured a mock up fighter jet, and perhaps still does.

Considering how late they are starting construction, I can't see there being much more than that..

So, do I get a cookie?
I can provide a shipping address.

A

Anonymous

Maybe the theming will just be basic car racing track stuff. Dont have to have months spent on it like Saw: The Ride is going to have. So I agree with him up there ^
Most likely be something like F1 car stuff

A

Anonymous

About the speed and heighth problem...
The launch will be elevated of the floor...
miraispeeddi2.jpg

See...

Also, I don't think the videos and the poster have been posted here yet...

mirabilandia-locandina-ispeed-2009.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DltCDujegZM

Enjoy...

Oh, and does anyone know if they started construction yet?

Snoo

The Legend
Posters don't indicate anything. Also, park drawings, while having the layout close, doesn't help us in this situation.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Yes..... I wonder what retard mocked up that promo image.

It features an Intamin track in the background, but the F1 car atop a B&M track.

A

Anonymous

Well, the video is 100% authentic, and since the layout shown in the video resembles the layout drawing, i'd guess that is authentic too...
Especially becouse ut was released before the video, and so noone could really draw it...

Also, the posters and the layout drawing were released together, so I'm guessing they're authentic too....

You can see the video by going here:
www.mirabilandia.it

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Layout-wise, that poster says it all. However, that's about it. On the poster, the tophat is weirdly shapen, so are some of the elements. For all we know, that tophat will be the most recognisable element on the ride. Thus, the park may want to enlarge it on the poster/map, so that the guests can know: "There is that coaster with the large red element you saw". In reality, it may not be as big in proportion to the rest of the ride.

And I sense big air on that hill after the tophat.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Vid_w said:
Well, the video is 100% authentic, and since the layout shown in the video resembles the layout drawing, i'd guess that is authentic too...
Especially becouse ut was released before the video, and so noone could really draw it...

Also, the posters and the layout drawing were released together, so I'm guessing they're authentic too....

You can see the video by going here:
www.mirabilandia.it

I'm not doubting their authenticity.
I know it's a real advert.

I saying it's laughable when the persons producing these ads make such idiotic mistakes as using the wrong manufacturer in the poster for a new ride.

iSpeed is an Intamin Rocket, not a B&M.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
True it is a bit of an error. However only we as enthusiasts will notice it. I showed it to an Italian guy at work and he didn't notice anything amiss. Although he did say he'd never heard of Mirabilandia. :S

Emmett

Giga Poster
^^Good spot I didn't even notice the different track. But the general public wont have a clue anyway so I can't see them re-doing all their designs again.

Also I wouldn't go by that drawing from the park map. Okay it might contain all the elements but its done like a cartoon and is just done as a quick drawing to put in the map.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The cars are also going to be two across, when in the poster, they're clearly a single seater!

What is the world coming to when we're being subjected to such lies in the media eh? ;)

I've still got reservations about the ride due to my dislike of Intamin, but I did really like the advert. Would be superb with real POV rather than No Limits.

Oh, and moved to the Construction are :)

A

Anonymous

You know, when they first said there was going to be a B&M mega, instead of this Intamin?
Well, maybe the poster was made back then and they only changed the background...
:p

Also, the layout on the pic is the same as in the official video...
And it completely represents the style, in which the pictures on the Mirabilandia map are drawn...

EDIT:
Well, there have been some construction photos posted on Miraforever.com...

http://www.miraforever.com/

Well, from the pics, I can only see some footers being placed, and nothing else really...
No track to be seen anywhere...
=/

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Here's the broken English translation of that text-

The work of iSpeed, the novelty of 2009 Mirabilandia proceed, work began some weeks and at present it is still proceeding with the works of Trustees and preparing all installation of pylons support iSpeed.

We publish some photos made by high, providing a clear vision of entire area affected by the work and let you guess how it will be the development of the route.

ryan462

Hyper Poster
Woah - That was a really great POV and the layout was so long and so interesting. This ride has potential to be amazing !

A

Anonymous

It looks great. I love Intamin's creativity. It may not be the best coaster in the world, but they hardly ever fail these days (though, perhaps Baco?). If I ever go to Italy, Mirabilandia is tops on the list, I don't care how hard it is to get to.

Wow, that looks very good and has a very long layout, especially for like, not having a chain lift and stuff. UC, I wouldn't say it looks better than Maverick, but pretty damn close, and has great potential. Seems to have a nice variety of elements and all that, so I'm excited to see some reviews.

A

Anonymous

I agree, Maverick has nothing on this!
97*launch, you say? well, boohoo, this will feature a tophat, which totally pwns the 97*drop...
Stengel dives? iSpeed will have that insane Immelman/second half of the Norwegian loop, which is IMO better then a stengel dive...
Also, it's going to have those awesome S-hills, which should give a lot of airtime, and that big airtime hill. So, airtime wise it should be better than maverick as well!

I hope the barrelroll won't be to fast, it would be such a shame if they would have to take it out, like mavericks. But I doubt they will make such an error again...
Also, I think the corkscrew will be more like half the horshoe roll on Maverick...