What's new

Is Florida the best destination for theme parks?

Is Florida the best destination for theme parks?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fi

Mega Poster
Most people think all the best theme parks are in florida but i think there are better places - eg California since there are amazing rides at magic mountain & knotts berry farm and there are also (admitidly smaller) universal studios and disneyland parks.

What do you think

Ben

CF Legend
For theme parks, yes certainly. With 4 Disney parks, 2 Universals, Sea World, Busch Gardens and a host of other smaller parks you can't go far wrong.

For just plain parks, I'd still say yes.

Angel

Hyper Poster
I dont think anywhere is the best destination.

Anywhere can be a good theme park, bit of land, some money, few nice coasters and a bunch of flats and there you go a wicked park.

If you want location heres how I see it... CA - Earthquakes (yes yes I know they can be protected against them). Florida - Hurricanes. Look at it that way and in my eyes the UK is better as we have neither!

So yeah destination wise No.

Sam

Giga Poster
^ Justify?

I'd say for parks that are in close distance of each other then yes it is, no where else has so many good theme parks in such a small radius.

Though it is more of a THEME park area, I'd say if you're after extreme white knuckle thrills there are better places. But as the question was Theme Parks yeah, Flordia would win.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Ross has a good point, but i'd extend it to just the North-East. You've got Hershey, Dorney, SFGAdv, SFA, Knoebels & Kennywood all in fairly close proximity, and the overall collection of rides between those parks is very impressive.

Snoo

The Legend
THEME parks: Florida is beat by none

AMUSEMENT parks: I'd go for the Ohio/PA/Indiana, California, or Eastern America.

Florida is the theme park capital of the world, without a doubt. The only real coaster destination is BGTampa, which features some world class coasters.

Robbeal: Kennywood... is pretty much the mideast IMO. Its basically Pittsburgh, which is on the opposite side of the state from any other major park. But, thats my geographically perspective. I consider myself Mideastern and i'm like an hour north of P-burgh.

[Fair point, but its still PA, and probably only about 3/4 hours drive from the next nearest park. Plus, its quirky enough to make it worthwhile to make my point! - Rob]

Mike

Giga Poster
Yes, without a shadow of a doubt.

You won't find theme parks as good as Florida's anywhere in the world. Some of the theming that you can find in Florida is absolutely stunning, and best of all, it is unique.
Also, when you are talking about theme parks, you nearly always talk about Florida first.
Florida may not have the tallest and fastest anything in the world, but what it does offer is simply spectaular.

joe

Mega Poster
Florida is a great destination, and its B&M paridise. With 2 Disney parks, 2 Busch parks (including SWO), 2 Universal parks and a few smaller ones, its nice weather... its pretty good! Most of the parks are really close together, so its easy to travell to parks.

Ohio is one of the places I have to visit, CP, GL, PKI and MA near by is definately worth a visit!

I don't think Florida is the best place to visit if you're looking for big thrill coasters and thrill/flat rides, but if you're going with your family, it would be the prime choice. Since WDWF is aimed a lot at younger children, pre teens, and old people who are just out with their family, yes, that would definately be a destination fitted right for you. There are also some animal shows at Sea World and such, again, for people who don't really ride coasters.

If you ARE looking for thrills, then I would have to say head on over to the New England (the NY, NJ and MA area), PA, Cali, or Ohio areas. Each of these areas have a few good parks, perfect for the thrills, and a few smaller ones, perfect for a day of relaxation.

So I guess that depending on who you're planning on going with, it varies.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
For theme parks, yes Florida is the place to be, but, as stated before, the amusement park "pit" is truely located from Ohio eastward.

I mean, yes, it does span a heck of a distance, nearly 17-19 hours driving time wise, but starting at CP and winding up at SFNE, you'll pick up some awesome parks, including GL, Kennywood, Hershey, Dorney, SFGAdv, SFDL, and SFNE. Its a pretty great cluster of parks, as compared to anywhere else, where it is at most 3-4 parks with not too many coasters going on.