What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

spicy

Giga Poster
As long as the trims are only on the top hat exit and aren’t littered around the track it will be fine.

I guess we can expect a pretty good launch if they need a trim there too.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
As long as the trims are only on the top hat exit and aren’t littered around the track it will be fine.

I guess we can expect a pretty good launch if they need a trim there too.
I Agree! I just hope it isn't the kind of trims that they were expecting to have on Ice Breaker where it would have been holding it slightly

JoshC.

Strata Poster
HA I told you there would be trims on that top hat but did anyone believe me? Of course they didn't.

tenor.gif

ScottLann

Mega Poster
It appears the trims are actually LSM motors rather than fixed brake fins (you can see the electrical cables tunning off them):-

unknown.png

Anticipation drop maybe? From Coaster Bot Discord.
I hope not, for the sake of the speed on the second half. I feel like an anticipation drop would slow it down even more than a trim break

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
If there are trims there, the layout was designed with those trims there in the first place. That means the speed out of the tophat has been calculated precisely as has the rest of the layout. It’s not a last minute addition.

Intamin doesn’t exactly hold back with the G forces, so you’ll still get all the ejector.

Is there a possibility that these could simply be an insurance policy against rollbacks? Something to make sure the train keeps a forward momentum over the top?