What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

nadroJ

CF Legend
Has there been any speculation of the coaster vehicles? I can't remember if I've completely made this up myself but I'd assume we'll be riding some sort of Raptor creature but I can't seem to find anything that details that? Am I going mad/did I fantasise this or is it actually a thing?

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Has there been any speculation of the coaster vehicles? I can't remember if I've completely made this up myself but I'd assume we'll be riding some sort of Raptor creature but I can't seem to find anything that details that? Am I going mad/did I fantasise this or is it actually a thing?
I'm also wondering how many trains this will run

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
That's a point actually, and something I was thinking. By the looks of things, it will only have a single station, with one platform, which I think will be an issue. I can't see it running more than 4 trains at once and I can't see the trains being more than 5 cars (20 passengers), which means it will probably peak at 1,200pph similar to Taron, but maybe not even that. I hope there's something I'm missing here.

I imagine it will have the standard Blitz trains like Taron, Red Force, Pantheon, etc.

Last edited:

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I'll get hated for this but Taron does look like a glorified Rita, as someone once said.

Me! That was me, I said that! ?
Can't tell you how stoked I am that something I said once got noted. Crash' - you da man! <fistbump>
Anyways, that post was from from 3 days ago, sorry if I'm lagging behind a bit here.
To drag this back onto topic, when are we expecting this bad boy to open? Me and Mrs Howie are almost at the point where we have to make a final decision about our Florida trip in November - postpone or commit to going this year by forking out loads more cash.
This right here, along with SeaWorld's new B&M, could be 2 very good reasons to postpone until next year. Dilemma, then... ?

Last edited:

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Sounds like the whole area might get a Jurassic World re-skin at the beginning of 2021 after all. This is because the new Raptor Encounter leans heavily towards the Jurassic World aesthetic and announcements have been heard refering to the area as Jurassic World not Jurassic Park. It has been mentioned that this could be a much lighter re-theme than the one in Hollywood and may just involve repainting the JPRA boats and altering a few theming elements (like the entrance arch).

Last edited:

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Sounds like the whole area might get a Jurassic World re-skin at the beginning of 2021 after all. This is because the new Raptor Encounter leans heavily towards the Jurassic World aesthetic and announcements have been heard refering to the area as Jurassic World not Jurassic Park. It has been mentioned that this could be a much lighter re-theme than the one in Hollywood and may just involve repainting the JPRA boats and altering a few theming elements (like the entrance arch).
I'd think Islands of Adventure would want to capitalize in on retheming Jurassic Park River Adventure as a "new attraction", to coincide with or follow shortly after the opening of Velocicoaster, if the whole area is being refurbished into Jurassic World.

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Ahh, short-termism at its finest. Removing the theme references to the classic movie everybody remembers, in favour of the crapshow of the latest franchise iteration that nobody will remember five years from now. It would be like re-theming the Harry Potter section of the park to Crimes of Grindelwald.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
This coaster looks really good, cannot wait to get out there... On the track style, I think prefer the look of it to the Taron track, although I am not fully decided, as they both look great...

One concern though, is this the same track as Hyperion? And how much of Hyperion's vibration, under certain conditions, do we think could be attributed to the track? Having said that, Taron is not always ‘silky smooth.’