What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
I'm still struggling to understand the timings behind this. If all goes to plan I could see the track being completed Autumn time but with rumours saying it won't open till 2021 that will give them 18 months to theme it up- surley they won't need that long?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'm still struggling to understand the timings behind this. If all goes to plan I could see the track being completed Autumn time but with rumours saying it won't open till 2021 that will give them 18 months to theme it up- surley they won't need that long?
They aren't just building a coaster. There will be theming up the ass. Safe to assume, this will be the most heavily themed intense coaster out there. We don't know about show buildings or any of that. Plus, they are still doing site work before they can even do footers.

This isn't Six Flags or Universal circa 2003. No cardboard cutouts for theming.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Not only that, but postponing opening to 2021 allows them to open a new attraction each year at the resort. This year is Hagrid’s, next year is the Bourne stunt show, and Jurassic Coaster will follow. It also allows them enough time to potentially change JPRA into Jurassic World if the one at Hollywood is successful.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
They aren't just building a coaster. There will be theming up the ass. Safe to assume, this will be the most heavily themed intense coaster out there. We don't know about show buildings or any of that. Plus, they are still doing site work before they can even do footers.

This isn't Six Flags or Universal circa 2003. No cardboard cutouts for theming.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I understand that but I think 18 months is a bit excessive

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Not only that, but postponing opening to 2021 allows them to open a new attraction each year at the resort. This year is Hagrid’s, next year is the Bourne stunt show, and Jurassic Coaster will follow. It also allows them enough time to potentially change JPRA into Jurassic World if the one at Hollywood is successful.
And I feel that if they completely shut in area in September they would have to theme the whole thing for next May

Lofty

CF Legend
They wouldn't completely shut the area in Septemer, just like they didn't completely shut the area when they were uilding Kong. That park would be absolutely awful if they decided to close the entire area and make you walk back around - in September just before their really busy period for Halloween...

Matt N

CF Legend
From memory, the only way to bypass Jurassic Park is to walk through the Lost Continent; with a park as busy as IOA, I don't think Universal can really afford to only have one path open to WWoHP given how popular it is, especially during a peak period like HHN!

Ethan

Strata Poster
I doubt this will be the most themed intense roller coaster, as has been said, but I do think there will be a decent amount of theming in the queue, station, and before the first launch. Obviously this is just guesswork, though, as is saying it'll be the most themed intense coaster. If I'm completely honest, Hagrid's Motorbike Coaster has made me doubt that the theming will be top-tier, but I would love to be proved wrong by this next coaster.

peep

CF Legend
The rumours were stating this will have a pre-show type indoor section before the first launch, I think outside of that theming will be limited to landscaping and things around the queueline/station.

2021 still seems like a sensible opening, there's still quite a few other bits and pieces they're moving about in that area to make guest flow work etc.