What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

Pear

Strata Poster
It's gonna be quite large and Mack. Called it on the podcast a while back.

Also new park will have multiple Mack coasters at opening. I just want more info on everything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Should have made this a slap bet

Really excited it's an Intamin (not like I expected anything else). Can't wait for it to go vertical!

peep

CF Legend
Exciting that track has started to arrive. I suppose now Hagrid is open it's full steam ahead on this project.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Just because the track was fabricated by Intamin does not rule out Mack's involvement. Like pretty much every ride by Universal Creative, there are multiple manufacturers working together to deliver all these ultra-complicated next level attractions. Mack is still involved, as evidenced by the shipping crate with Mack's logo and also based on what's been said (offline) by Mack engineers.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I mean, show me the evidence that they aren't involved. It's really not that audacious of a thought, considering how multiple parties have worked on the past how many UC rides...

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
I mean, show me the evidence that they aren't involved. It's really not that audacious of a thought, considering how multiple parties have worked on the past how many UC rides...
And then they come to open the ride and realize its woefully unreliable

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Glad it's an Intamin and not a Mack, not buying the whole two ride manufacturers for one coaster? Has that ever been done before on an actual coaster? Only example i can think of is KumbaK ****ing up Vliegende Hollander and having to get Intamin to sort it out but that doesn't really count.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm almost certain that Hagrid's had multiple manufacturers working on the ride. Escape from Gringotts had multiple manufacturers working on it (Intamin, Vekoma, and maybe Premier?). Nigloland coordinated an agreement between Intamin and Mack where Mack fabricated an Intamin designed ride to save money. Although the rolling stock has not entered operation yet, Skyline was involved in the design and build of GCI's new Millennium Flyers. More of a stretch but you could consider Arrow's and Vekoma's "technology sharing" as working together, even though it ultimately ended up a bad deal for Arrow. With Vekoma and S&S both being owned by Sansei now, I can see some technology sharing happening there as well.

Based on my peeks into the industry, there is a pretty strong and positive sense of community. Yes, every company is competing with each other, but everybody also realizes that they're all trying to achieve the same goal. It's also a small enough industry where most people know each other and many people are friends, even if they work for different companies. I mentioned Skyline...they're a spin off of GCI, and there were likely significant internal disagreements that led to them splitting off, yet they're still collaborating.

So... again... collaboration is not out of the realm of possibility (key words - it's possible), especially when Universal Creative - the designer of this ride - contracts multiple different manufacturers to assist with design consulting and fabrication.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Glad it's an Intamin and not a Mack, not buying the whole two ride manufacturers for one coaster? Has that ever been done before on an actual coaster? Only example i can think of is KumbaK ****ing up Vliegende Hollander and having to get Intamin to sort it out but that doesn't really count.

Kolmården had Vekoma manufacture the ride system for Wildfire (brakes, tyres, lift hill, computer system), and RMC did the rest, if that counts.

Last edited:

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I'm almost certain that Hagrid's had multiple manufacturers working on the ride. Escape from Gringotts had multiple manufacturers working on it (Intamin, Vekoma, and maybe Premier?). Nigloland coordinated an agreement between Intamin and Mack where Mack fabricated an Intamin designed ride to save money. Although the rolling stock has not entered operation yet, Skyline was involved in the design and build of GCI's new Millennium Flyers. More of a stretch but you could consider Arrow's and Vekoma's "technology sharing" as working together, even though it ultimately ended up a bad deal for Arrow. With Vekoma and S&S both being owned by Sansei now, I can see some technology sharing happening there as well.

Based on my peeks into the industry, there is a pretty strong and positive sense of community. Yes, every company is competing with each other, but everybody also realizes that they're all trying to achieve the same goal. It's also a small enough industry where most people know each other and many people are friends, even if they work for different companies. I mentioned Skyline...they're a spin off of GCI, and there were likely significant internal disagreements that led to them splitting off, yet they're still collaborating.

So... again... collaboration is not out of the realm of possibility (key words - it's possible), especially when Universal Creative - the designer of this ride - contracts multiple different manufacturers to assist with design consulting and fabrication.

I think the nature of this debate has changed quite significantly since people called out Tom for him confidently saying it was going to be a Mack. Yes Mack could be involved but that's not what was originally said. As far as I'm concerned if its using Intamin track its an Intamin ride regardless of who's involved in any other elements.

Your post got me thinking about how complicated this Coaster is going to be if there were to be many manufacturers working on it, I get Gringotts and to an extent Hagrids just out of sheer complexity. Could this coaster have a lot more to it than a standard Intamin Blitz ?

Last edited:

Pear

Strata Poster
Nigloland coordinated an agreement between Intamin and Mack where Mack fabricated an Intamin designed ride to save money.
This is not true at all. Nigloland worked with Mack and Stengel for them and chose Mack because they liked their trains better than the Intamin ones.

Skyline was involved in the design and build of GCI's new Millennium Flyers.
Skyline is made up of old GCI workers who split off to start their own company. They still work for GCI and do all of their centerlines and they do some experiments for GCI as well. This is not on the same scale as Intamin and Mack working together.

It isn't impossible for two major companies to be working together on a ride, but the park will essentially need to pay at least double for both companies who have different techniques to work together on something.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I think this has nature of this debate has changed quite significantly since people called out Tom for him confidently saying it was going to be a Mack. Yes Mack could be involved but that's not what was originally said. As far as I'm concerned if its using Intamin track its an Intamin ride regardless of who's involved in any other elements.

Your post got me thinking about how complicated this Coaster is going to be if there were to be many manufacturers working on it, I get Gringotts and to an extent Hagrids just out of sheer complexity. Could this coaster have a lot more to it than a standard Intamin Blitz ?

I am also intrigued as to how the ride will ultimately turn out. There's no way it'll be just a bare bones coaster, but it's also sprawling all over Jurassic Park, unlike Hagrid's which was more or less shoved in a corner of the park. It'll be interesting to see how immersive and interactive the ride is with the rest of the area.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Nigloland coordinated an agreement between Intamin and Mack where Mack fabricated an Intamin designed ride to save money.

Incorrect. Nigloland wanted more comfortable seats (like the Mack trains) on a MegaLite layout. They approached Intamin asking if new seats were in development, and Intamin responded with "buy it [the megalite] as it is, or don't buy it", and they didn't. That's why Alpina Blitz is a Mack.

Source:

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Incorrect. Nigloland wanted more comfortable seats (like the Mack trains) on a MegaLite layout. They approached Intamin asking if new seats were in development, and Intamin responded with "buy it [the megalite] as it is, or don't buy it", and they didn't. That's why Alpina Blitz is a Mack.

Source:
So they basically took Intamin's Megalite layout and gave it to Mack, who shamelessly copied it with some slight modifications to claim it their own.

Regardless, the Jurassic Park coaster will be an Intamin and I am sure it can't be immersive if it's going to span that much. I am positive it will feature loads of themeing in the queue area, station and preshow, provided that there is any. Just no themeing around the track itself, unlike Hagrid's.

Last edited: