What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

Matt N

CF Legend
It's nowhere near as good quality or "awesome" as you put it, compared to the other 3 you listed.
Decent ride, but not up there in the top bracket.
And the gif made me laugh, I'm not insinuating that it's actually :emoji_poop:.
If that's true, then I can't wait to ride Helix! Icon is my #2 coaster behind only Mako at SeaWorld Orlando, so I can't imagine how amazing the other Macks must be!

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Haven't ridden Icon, but I have ridden its closest comparison, Copperhead Strike. Helix is significantly better than CS. That said, Helix barely cracks my Top 15. It just doesn't do the things I really like. Feels very controlled and safe. I want a ride to try and kill me. Can't deny the fact that Helix is very good though.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I want a ride to try and kill me.
1555.gif

Pear

Strata Poster
Besides the dual-powered pseudocoaster at IOA and the Flight of the Hippogriff at USH are the only instances of Macks at Universal parks...
There is also Ripsaw Falls.

I really hope it's Intamin, Mack rides are good and quality but Intamin just deliver better forces, airtime, and an overall crazier experience. Mack LSM launches also suck so I'd prefer a good forceful LSM launch from Intamin.

peep

CF Legend
https://www.ep-board.de/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=190183#p190183

For everyone who is wondering where the info with Mack being the manufactor came from......

Thanks for linking to this.

It's interesting that they teased that it's already under construction. Certainly way too early for even manufacturing of track etc if it is for the 3rd Orlando park. Yet the Universal rumours have been so strong in regards to this also being Intamin. We'll find out for sure fairly soon though seeing as groundwork for the Jurrassic Park coaster is moving pretty rapidly.

Excited either way.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Man, I'm so out of touch with what's been going on in Florida lately. I mean, Orlando is just so basic innit? Only noobs and know-no-betters go to Orlando. Real goons go on road trips, right? But I gotta admit, I'm really starting to think I should finally get back there.
So let me get this straight - this is another Intamin (or Mack) launch coaster going in to IOA? As well as that Hagrid contraption, yes? See, when I glance over the construction topics I just see 'IOA Intamin Launch....' and just assumed they were the same thing. But there's gonna be 2 new coasters, right?
So when's this one supposed to be opening?

Last edited:

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
Man, I'm so out of touch with what's been going on in Florida lately. I mean, Orlando is just so basic innit? Only noobs and know-no-betters go to Orlando. Real goons go on road trips, right? But I gotta admit, I'm really starting to think I should finally get back there.
So let me get this straight - this is another Intamin (or Mack) launch coaster going in to IOA? As well as that Hagrid contraption, yes? See, when I glance over the construction topics I just see 'IOA Intamin Launch....' and just assumed they were the same thing. But there's gonna be 2 new coasters, right?
No the real goons go to BGT!;)
For RMC Gwazi, Montu, and Kumba of course

peep

CF Legend

Yep, another multi-launch coaster. This one should be more thrill based. Opening seems to be at some point next year (not as much theming required compared to Hagrids).

Next year also has the RMC at Busch. 2021 has the Tron coaster (Magic Kingdom) and Guardians (Epcot). I think SeaWorld is also getting another major cred within a few years (I get muddled as to what one they're getting).

Orlando might be basic but there's some pretty awesome stuff within the next few years.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster