What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Orlando Park Stop have a new article going into great detail about the layout and theming of the new Jurassic Coaster with diagrams and photos from Bioreconstruct. Source
TrackOverlay-front02crop-scaled.jpg

queue-area2crop-scaled.jpg

The second launch tunnel and associated concrete theming structures including a presumed watch tower structure of a raptor enclosure.
ETWxF3rWkAM8tvR-scaled.jpg

ETWpN1wWAAAXvIK-scaled.jpg

ETW1fEpXYAIXZS--scaled.jpg

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Have just seen that construction on the coaster has halted for the time being due to a lack of materials delivered on site. According the Screamscape universal was ahead of schedule so hopefully the project is not delayed too drastically.
I've heard the opposite actually- Alicia Stella reported that there were concrete wagons coming and going from IOA all day yesterday. So unless things changed overnight...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Something only now dawning to me is how close this coaster will cut next to Harry Potter with the projected layout - it's a weird thing to focus on, but will be interested to see how the park does on separating "experiences" between Jurassic Park and Harry Potter, especially with the new bridgework connecting to Hogsmeade. Blitz coasters can operate pretty quietly (especially when sand-packed), so I don't expect too much disruption; just more something to follow.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Something only now dawning to me is how close this coaster will cut next to Harry Potter with the projected layout - it's a weird thing to focus on, but will be interested to see how the park does on separating "experiences" between Jurassic Park and Harry Potter, especially with the new bridgework connecting to Hogsmeade. Blitz coasters can operate pretty quietly (especially when sand-packed), so I don't expect too much disruption; just more something to follow.
They are building a viewing area for the coaster in Lost Continent so they really don't care about sight lines from there but with Hogsmeade being so well themed it is an interesting point.

Matt N

CF Legend
This is a somewhat more thrilling Intamin Blitz Coaster that is mainly focused on delivering an amazing coaster experience, along the lines of Taron or Taiga, whereas Hagrid's is a more family-friendly Intamin launch coaster with lots of show elements and focused on delivering a complete themed experience, like Juvelen or Wave Breaker on steroids with tons of theming.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
His mentality is something along the lines of "I won't put it on the website until the park announces it."

also: Hagrid and Mummy/Gringotts is a much more similar comparison than VeLoCiCoAsTeR is to Hagrid. I'd put enough faith in even the GP to see that a 150ft+ top hat and inversions is vastly different than Hagrid.