What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

bob_3_

Giga Poster
If there are trims there, the layout was designed with those trims there in the first place. That means the speed out of the tophat has been calculated precisely as has the rest of the layout. It’s not a last minute addition.

Intamin doesn’t exactly hold back with the G forces, so you’ll still get all the ejector.

Is there a possibility that these could simply be an insurance policy against rollbacks? Something to make sure the train keeps a forward momentum over the top?

Yeah I was thinking this about Kingda Ka, like were the trims at the top put there so that they can launch the ride slightly faster to reduce the possibility of roll backs, yes they will always happen if the ride trips out or e-stops midlaunch or there is a failed launch, but it might help with the launches that are ever so slightly too slow (like on a windy day for example)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Just to clarify, I did not change the topic title. Must have been someone else.

I was making a [terrible] joke at the fact that we can finally now consider this coaster to be actually happening as it has an RCDB page. :p

Until a source is given, I'll change it back to "Unknown".

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Just to clarify, I did not change the topic title. Must have been someone else.

I was making a [terrible] joke at the fact that we can finally now consider this coaster to be actually happening as it has an RCDB page. :p

Until a source is given, I'll change it back to "Unknown".
Lol I changed it because I thought it would be funny if I made it look like you did it. :p

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's a shame it very clearly still says "Unknown" on the RCDB link preview then, isn't it? ;)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Looks like the same type of enclosure will wrap the brake run on both sides of the maintenance building. Supposedly the section in that last photo will contain a show scene as the trains will surely stack there.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Looks like the same type of enclosure will wrap the brake run on both sides of the maintenance building. Supposedly the section in that last photo will contain a show scene as the trains will surely stack there.
So just the snake version of the Mystic Timbers shed?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Throw all the capacity you like at it, this thing still gonna have a grotesque wait for the first season or so. Hagrid is operating proof of that...
(for reference, Hagrid's has a technical throughput of 1,700, who's trains sit 14, the equivalency of 3 four-person cars, plus two. Standard Intamin Blitz coasters oscilate between 12-16 riders per train, depending on if they have 3 or 4 cars; Pantheon will have 5 cars however, adding a bit more capacity.)

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I am sure this will have a similar capacity as Taron, so around 1200 pph, with four 4-car trains.

Taron has many blocks: station load, prelaunch, launch 1 and first half, launch 2 and second half, a couple of blocks on the brake run and station unload (so, 7 blocks).

The show scenes will act a bit like Taron's prelaunch section just with a show element to them. I doubt there will be more than 5 trains on the track and I guarantee there will be plenty of stacking. At the end of the day, having stacked trains does not increase capacity, but it represents the number of riders that are on the ride at once. What matters is how often you can dispatch a train (interval).

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
So I’m going
I am sure this will have a similar capacity as Taron, so around 1200 pph, with four 4-car trains.

Taron has many blocks: station load, prelaunch, launch 1 and first half, launch 2 and second half, a couple of blocks on the brake run and station unload (so, 7 blocks).

The show scenes will act a bit like Taron's prelaunch section just with a show element to them. I doubt there will be more than 5 trains on the track and I guarantee there will be plenty of stacking. At the end of the day, having stacked trains does not increase capacity, but it represents the number of riders that are on the ride at once. What matters is how often you can dispatch a train (interval).

So I’m going to Florida at the end of August 2021. Do you think if I get to the IOA entrance 40 minutes before the rides open, will the queue be very short when I’m let into the park?

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
A

Also do you think they will have it open for the whole day like all the other rides except Hagrid’s? Because the coaster it’se shouldn’t have as much downtime as Hagrid’s as it isn’t the first coaster of its kind