What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

Ethan

Strata Poster
That's quite a low stall, assuming that the top hat will be pretty tall beforehand! I expect the pacing on this thing to be disgustingly good.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm a bit confused: isn't that "stall" simply just a zero-g roll?

At least, my understanding was that stall inversions turn you 180 degrees, then turn you back those 180 degrees. This seems to turn 360 degrees in the same direction?

I guess its elongated a bit so that you're upside for longer like a stall inversion. But this is still basically a stretched out zero-g roll, no?

Not that it matters, it's all mumbo jumbo words. You go upside down and it's going be a fab element..

TMCoasters

Mega Poster

At least, my understanding was that stall inversions turn you 180 degrees, then turn you back those 180 degrees. This seems to turn 360 degrees in the same direction?

I guess its elongated a bit so that you're upside for longer like a stall inversion. But this is still basically a stretched out zero-g roll, no?

Not that it matters, it's all mumbo jumbo words. You go upside down and it's going be a fab element..
A similar element on Pantheon has been referred to as an "inverted airtime hill," which I don't know if is entirely the correct description either. I would say even if the direction of rotation stays the same, if at 180 degrees it pauses for a bit, then I'd call it a stall.

TheMaverick

Roller Poster

A stall is where it rolls stops rolling for any duration within the range of angles that it could be considered upside down and starts rolling again towards the end. So a stall can go a full 360° or 180° one way and 180° the other. As long as it stops rolling, even for a fraction of a second to change directions, it's a stall.

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
See, Old Testament Stalls rotated back the same way they started, New Testament Stalls do a continuous roll, after stalling.
New Testament stalls look far superior, and I bet they’ll ride better too in the long run. But what do we call stalls that don’t get to 180 degrees, like Outlaw’s or Untamed’s? Or even just real short ones? I still propose “Kick Stalls” for those type.

As well, that recently installed outer bank turn on this thing needs a name. Cuz its too sexy not to have one. I mean “Outer Bank/s” work but...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Some lovely new shots of the stall from CF!

RNCPKx6.jpg

LEiEgJZ.jpg

XEmvfJp.jpg

HihuDbD.jpg

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Haha, this thing is so insane. Its so ugly, but at the same time I love how weird it looks. That track, the weird tie spacing, the huuuge supprt gaps, everythings kinda asymmetrical and lop sided, it's a big mess, but it kinda works, there's something almost organic about it. It almost does look like someone (or a dino) has grabbed the track is completely mangled it.

Also love how the've made sure the view of the building isn't ruined.

[Also for the record...Taiga's stall is the best one out there...]

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Oh my; this coaster gets sweeter with every single update! There’s a chance that I could potentially get to ride this in 2021, so if I’m able to, I’m very much looking forward to it!

I wonder how it will compare to Cheetah Hunt and Icon, the two other multi-launchers I’ve ridden?
EDIT: Well, I have done Slinky Dog Dash as well, but that’s more of a family coaster.

Matt N

CF Legend
To be fair, compared to this, Cheetah Hunt and Icon are practically family coasters too!
I don’t know; both are fairly thrilling, with some very good moments of airtime, in my opinion; Icon in particular has some of the best ejector I’ve ever felt from my experiences of it! Cheetah Hunt had quite a few very good moments, but I felt my enjoyment was inhibited quite majorly by the OTSRs on it, which I felt really restricted some of the airtime, so I look forward to (hopefully) experiencing an Intamin Blitz with their new lap bars!

Not necessarily saying that airtime was the only good feature of these coasters by any means, but it was definitely one of their strongest elements, and I hope I can find out how Velocicoaster compares next year, both in terms of airtime and other elements!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don’t know; both are fairly thrilling, with some very good moments of airtime, in my opinion; Icon in particular has some of the best ejector I’ve ever felt from my experiences of it!
Not disagreeing that Icon is good, just that this will be a lot more intense!

Cheetah Hunt had quite a few very good moments, but I felt my enjoyment was inhibited quite majorly by the OTSRs on it, which I felt really restricted some of the airtime, so I look forward to (hopefully) experiencing an Intamin Blitz with their new lap bars!
Aye, but Cheetah Hunt is still a very weak coaster compared to Intamin's best. Go ride Maverick or Taron and you'll see what I mean. ;)

Matt N

CF Legend
Not disagreeing that Icon is good, just that this will be a lot more intense!

Aye, but Cheetah Hunt is still a very weak coaster compared to Intamin's best. Go ride Maverick or Taron and you'll see what I mean. ;)
One day I definitely hope to, but Icon does the job of quality launch coaster for me just fine at the moment while I’m still living with my parents!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I feel as if I've made a similar post to this before but due to how tight and intense the second half will likely be, I believe that either the top hat will shorter than the rumoured 160-170ft tall, or that the top hat will be 160-170ft tall but will feature a beyond vertical drop with a trim on it, much like the Parc Asterix launch coaster. I just don't see a speed of 65mph+ going through the rose bowl. I'm leaning towards the second option, as the valley at the base of the top hat looks too close to the other tower, which makes me think it will have a beyond vertical drop.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
To paraphrase the musical Hamilton: How to account for this rise to the top? Maaaaan, this thing is non-stop!

I know folks have made comparisons to Maverick’s original barrel roll versus what’s been designed here. I think it really highlights the evolution in design thinking, and frankly how to make inversions more comfortable, especially at high speeds. And, thankful the Maverick barrel roll was removed. ?