What's new

Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion Giga coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoo

The Legend
Well.. as I must repeat.. KD next year for me. :)

I hope this just wont be a crappy MF clone or something like that.. or I'll be disappointed.

Gazza

Giga Poster
I for one am really excited about this, completely unprecedented, has the chance to work in Intamins latest designs, and has real potential to be a #1 coaster.

I hope this just wont be a crappy MF clone or something like that.. or I'll be disappointed.
QFT.
It bugs me a bit that there aren't that many parks out there that have the resources to do Hypers or Gigas in the first place, but out of the parks that do build them, there are an even smaller number that actually come up with something that really takes advantage of the opportunity....Rides like MF, SD2000, Silver Star, Big One etc, all really big, but don't end up being as good as they could be.
Here's hoping CF just lets (Or should I say let) Intamin design an airtime machine. They can do a superb job on the small scale with the Mega Lites, and on a large scale with Bizzaro, Toro etc, lets hope they do it here.

Who knows, now maybe all those amusement industry poll sheep will be forced to vote for something other than Millennium force :lol:

ibreathesbs

Mega Poster
I would like to thank the box of washers for this momentous discovery. No but seriously this is awesome. I knew all along what it was, but I'm sure if I would have posted "Hey you guys my boyfriend works in security at KD and he told me they're building a Giga!!!" absolutely no one would believe me. =/

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I'm kind of surprised that CF would build another Giga. I'd think they would want to avoid one-upping the flagship coaster at their flagship park.

All the same, I'm pretty stoked. :)
Here's hoping they give this one any reasonable amount of airtime

ibreathesbs

Mega Poster
madhjsp said:
I'm kind of surprised that CF would build another Giga. I'd think they would want to avoid one-upping the flagship coaster at their flagship park.

All the same, I'm pretty stoked. :)
Here's hoping they give this one any reasonable amount of airtime

Don't think of it as one upping. Think of it as another choice. I'm sure no one is going to think less of MF, it's like another choice for riders. I mean look where the next closest giga is. =/

Snoo

The Legend
^Another choice to one of the best coasters on the planet? (Not my opinion btw).

Another choice from their flagship park?

Beh.

ibreathesbs

Mega Poster
SnooSnoo said:
^Another choice to one of the best coasters on the planet? (Not my opinion btw).

Another choice from their flagship park?

Beh.

No, another giga. :roll: MF Stans. j/k. It's a smart choice when you think about it.

Snoo

The Legend
I see.

Well.. still a bad decision. Putting a coaster, especially at the Paramount parks, isn't a bad decision.. because they have all seemingly got a major coaster in the last few years.. but one to rival "King Dick CP" might not be.

Not because I have been to CP and live in the area, but because I don't want to hear it from those CP fanboys for all eternity.. "OMG THEY STOLE IT! MF IS STILL BETTER! TOUCH ME TOUCH ME!"

Basically.

ibreathesbs

Mega Poster
SnooSnoo said:
I see.

Well.. still a bad decision. Putting a coaster, especially at the Paramount parks, isn't a bad decision.. because they have all seemingly got a major coaster in the last few years.. but one to rival "King Dick CP" might not be.

Not because I have been to CP and live in the area, but because I don't want to hear it from those CP fanboys for all eternity.. "OMG THEY STOLE IT! MF IS STILL BETTER! TOUCH ME TOUCH ME!"

Basically.

Touch me. Really. Honestly, how could a park owned by the same company steal anything. Fanboys, ugh. Just be happy they're installing something potentially awesome in another park...notice how I said potentially.

Snoo

The Legend
Let us hope tbh. I really think they failed with MF, and could have did MUCH more with it. So, if this is indeed a Giga, lets hope they make it an actual quality coaster instead of a drop with crappy floater.

I did feel this coming (the new coaster) though. It's what the former Paramounts need tbh. Dominator, while being a good coaster, isn't a signature ride to me. A Giga would slap most of the coasters in the region in the face.. if it's good of course. ;)

ibreathesbs

Mega Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Let us hope tbh. I really think they failed with MF, and could have did MUCH more with it. So, if this is indeed a Giga, lets hope they make it an actual quality coaster instead of a drop with crappy floater.

I did feel this coming (the new coaster) though. It's what the former Paramounts need tbh. Dominator, while being a good coaster, isn't a signature ride to me. A Giga would slap most of the coasters in the region in the face.. if it's good of course. ;)

Of course. It is needed, none of them have an "mmph" factor. I think they're trying to make KD the mid-east Cedar Point, it makes sense, nothing else is really around, and KD has the most space to expand upon. The future at KD is bright indeed.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Every time I see an update for this ride, I'm surprised. I was surprised that it's Intamin. I was surprised at the new track. I was surprised at the discovery of giga coaster, and I'm surprised at the bi-rail track that's now there, that looks like they will be for a few banked turns. This is turning out to be an extremely interesting coaster.

Also, I'm surprised at how many people think that this is going to have a lifthill. I'm guessing a launch of some sort. It makes more sense(at least to me).

Too bad I'm going to KD this summer and not next...

ibreathesbs

Mega Poster
rollerdude said:
Every time I see an update for this ride, I'm surprised. I was surprised that it's Intamin. I was surprised at the new track. I was surprised at the discovery of giga coaster, and I'm surprised at the bi-rail track that's now there, that looks like they will be for a few banked turns. This is turning out to be an extremely interesting coaster.

Also, I'm surprised at how many people think that this is going to have a lifthill. I'm guessing a launch of some sort. It makes more sense(at least to me).

Too bad I'm going to KD this summer and not next...

I'm actually leaning more toward lift hill...just because of the amount of launched rides in the park. But I'll ask my informant to take a look at the blueprints again.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
SnooSnoo said:
Not because I have been to CP and live in the area, but because I don't want to hear it from those CP fanboys for all eternity.. "OMG THEY STOLE IT! MF IS STILL BETTER!"
You know that's not the case, they are wrapped around Dick Kinzel's finger so much that anything Cedar Fair does they will praise.

With the Paramount parks acquisition, CP fanboys turned more to being fans of the Cedar Fair greater good, spreading Cedar Fairdom across the U.S.

Good god, it's the Soviet Union all over again. :razz:

EDIT - Anyways, MF fans already had their "MF IS BETTER" outcry when the damn coaster first opened with Steel Dragon 2000.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Yet Top Thrill Dragster and Kingda Ka are considered strata coasters as well as accelerators. Why couldn't this be the same way? It just seems more efficient to have a launch.

Either way, we'll find out the truth whenever they announce it.

Status
Not open for further replies.