What's new

Indiana Jones Confusion

Jools

Giga Poster
Okay...
I bet someon ehas mentioned this before...
The origional Indiana Jones ride was forward with 8 riders per train correct?
Then they made it so there was more capacity so it had 12 riders per train, and turned it backwards.

My main questions are, why the hell did they switch it forward again, and is it still 12 per train or 8 again?

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
They switched it forward again because when it was backwards, people were complaining about it being really rough and giving them neck aches. As for the capacity, I think it's still 12 per train.

Jools

Giga Poster
Phew! thank god, I was most concered about the capacity tbh.

And considering they saved my sisters hide, then I am glad they turned it around again :lol:

Jools

Giga Poster
AmandaPanda said:
I take it your'e talking about Lucy and not me ^

Durr, who else splits there head open on PMBO or almost breaks there arm by diving on the bloody floor :lol:

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
DjTommyB said:
They switched it forward again because when it was backwards, people were complaining about it being really rough and giving them neck aches. As for the capacity, I think it's still 12 per train.

No, thats not the reason.

Disneyland turned Indiana Jones forwards again because Space Mountain was down due to the Mission 2 upgrade. They needed Indiana Jones to appeal to a wider audience while this was happening as Backwards rides is sometimes a put off. They kept it forwards though because generally, it is a far better ride than it was backwards and the queue times proved this.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Yes thats correct.

And with the second 'change of direction', they literally just took the trains off the track and turned them around, as appose to getting new trains after the first switch.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yes. At least in this case they didn't have too add the extra theming.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
If you're talking about train theming -

Well the first time around, they increased the capacity of the original trains by 50%, yet keeping the weight of the original trains. Some theming had to go although it is still heavily themed.

It you're talking about ride theming -

They had to turn all the lights backwards around the ride area, create new objects to hide mechanisms that wouldn't be seen if you were riding forwards an so on...

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
True,

Also, when they turned them around (originally so that they were facing backwards) they had to make the corners less intense, as when you can see where you're going, you can prepare and brace yourself for what is coming up. So although you may not notice it, it's actually a less intense ride experience than what they originally intended it to be.

Its also, just a Pinfari TL-59, made by Intamin!

nadroJ

CF Legend
It was 8 seats per train when I went in October.

Piece of **** ride, almost smashed my teeth out!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ Well everybody can have their views.I love the ride personally, but not everybody shares my tastes. It's one of those rides where you have to be slightly taller to avoid the head bashing.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
True, although I never found it rough, even when it went backwards and I was 10...

I just don't feel like it's a bad ride, I mean, it may not be the most extreme, it's just kinda fun in my opinion. The thing that makes it so good for me is the theming, and just the huge amount of attention to detail that Disney have put into it.

The ride itself is, not exactly inspired, but the combination of both is what makes it a really good experience in my opinion.