What's new

Indiana Beach I All American Triple Loop | Quimera (Dreier Looper) relocation | 2024

Peet

Giga Poster
Part of the German Comedy Movie "Didi und die Rache der Enterbten" was Filmed on Dreier Looping in 1985. Most was done using Blue Screen but you could see a stuntman riding the coaster while lying on the front car :eek:

Fast forward to 1:15:15

That was excellent, thank you! But if you were chasing somebody and they got onto a roller coaster, wouldn't you just wait at the unloading platform!?

Niles

Giga Poster
Are they going even going to repaint the track for it? And fix up the track to make it smoother?
I believe i heard somewhere that curtain pieces had been sent to Germany for a refurb, so I guess these bits are fine. Hopefully they repaint it and make it look nice a new.

Niles

Giga Poster
So the train for Cascabel the Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop is at Indiana beach, do you think it will be used on American Dreier Looping due to what happened with the original train for the coaster, or were they cheeky and bought the Shuttle loop to? I think it will be a replacement train but if they got both coasters that would be great.

1618219552182.png

Steely Dan

Mega Poster
^ outstanding!

my anticipation level is through the roof right now.

the last time i was this excited for a "local" coaster was probably SFGAm's Goliath back in 2014.

and even then, i'm such a schawrzkopf nerd that this probably still tops that for me.

bmac

Giga Poster
I don't entirely trust RCDB on their reasoning for opening dates with rides, they're also hit and miss on capacity and cost for a lot of the coasters as well.

In this case though Iam Staples, Gene's son, said that they've been having problems with getting track pieces for Dreier Looping across the border due to US Customs.

Considering the condition of some of the track pieces when I went there, they're more than likely going to have to do some sort of refurbishment before that ride is permitted to open. There are track pieces on site with some major damage to them from the derailment.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
But also, it's the middle of August and most regional parks in the US shut down, Labor Day weekend, the beginning of September unless they do a Halloween event and odds are that'll be weekends only through the end of October.

It's not gonna open this year