What's new

In a perfect world...

Snowman

Roller Poster
Rides would always have good themes. Disney World-ish, but on bigger rides and with less PG movies.
Single rider lines would be used appropriately and empty seats wouldn't happen.
Food would actually be of the quality and price of restaurants outside parks.
Rules would be enforced, line cutters would be ejected, people who smoke in lines would be ejected, etc.
Rides would run with the actual necessary capacity.
Paths would be wide enough so that people who want to walk fast and pass people could always do so.
The powered carts for handicapped people wouldn't be given out to people who don't need them ('Murica).
Lines at the park gates wouldn't exist.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
In a perfect park, all aspects of themeing would be consistently well maintained; as opposed to mouldy / broken / peeling / lacking a certain red dye in the water </3

More attention would be paid to what rides/colour schemes/themes work together in a park section; to give a real sense of immersion in each particular area. (Phantasialand is a great example of how amazing it is when a park gets this right). Whereas Alton having Air plonked at the end of Forbidden Valley has never really worked for me; even if it's supposedly meant to be a 'sanctuary' at the end - that's not particularly obvious, so it's presence just ruins the general dark atmosphere of FV. On a visual level alone, you have all the reds/greys and blacks of FV; then....light blue. Yuck.

More tills at the entrance gate to prevent massive queues before entry -such as the neverending one to get into Thorpe Park.

In terms of advertisement - let new rides speak for themselves. You don't always have to have the 'worlds most psychologically damaging age restricted horror themed tenuous-record-breaking coaster.' It often just sets people up for disappointment, if it's really just a family ride.

More original/unique themeing. Most of the time it's just 'another park - another wild-west area with a minetrain and a log flume'. A less prevalent theme concept for a park section would be nice.

Nic

Strata Poster
Every single ride would have a single rider queue. The only people allowed to use said queue would be people who were genuinely riding on their own and enthusiasts. It would be properly batched.

Adults would never be refused access to a kiddie cred. If they're too big and they want to get their arse stuck in it, that's their problem. They'd be liable for any damage to the coaster and/or themselves - it'd be up to them if they thought the cred was worth it.

Parks would only sell that really nice, thick hot chocolate. That really dreadful watery stuff would be totally banned. Same goes for coffee.

All members of staff would be on the top of their game all of the time. Everything from the cleaning toilets, to the restaurant service, to the batching would all be flawless.

CFers would just generally get preferential treatment, followed by other enthusiasts, followed by the GP. The only exception to that would be anyone wearing any kind of garment declaring their allegiance to any one enthusiast organisation. They'd be forced to spend their entire day just stood in a single rider queue behind a family that don't understand the concept of single riding.

All F1 Grand Prix would be shown somewhere within the park. Opening hours would be extended to show it/compensate for time spent watching the race. If the race was within normal opening hours, the park would stay open 2 hours later than usual. If the race was before/after normal opening, they'd stay open early/late.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Snowman said:
Rides would always have good themes. Disney World-ish, but on bigger rides and with less PG movies.
Single rider lines would be used appropriately and empty seats wouldn't happen.
Food would actually be of the quality and price of restaurants outside parks.
Rules would be enforced, line cutters would be ejected, people who smoke in lines would be ejected, etc.
Rides would run with the actual necessary capacity.
Paths would be wide enough so that people who want to walk fast and pass people could always do so.
The powered carts for handicapped people wouldn't be given out to people who don't need them ('Murica).
Lines at the park gates wouldn't exist.

Agree completely. Plus, I get unlimited free entry anywhere

Wildmouse695

Roller Poster
Single rider lines on ALL rides.... I don't always need them, but hate standing in a line and seeing empty seats and thinking that I could be sat there.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Or better yet, single rider lines that DON'T start at the tail end of the line. Looking at you Maverick.

Edward M

Strata Poster
All my opinions have been said above, except this-
No Fastrack things would be sold BECAUSE of how good the capacity is! My lines would never go over 30 minutes because of my good workers and abundance of trains in the station.

Thanks Europa!

Luxornv

Mega Poster
Something with an immersive experience like Disney. Maintenance is perfect, rides don't break down and are always painted properly. As mentioned earlier, food would be decently priced and actually be worth the money they charge. Oh hell, let's just say free since we're talking about a perfect world. Add on to that, free parking, and admission. Actually, let's just make everything free. I also wouldn't have to wait for anything. I don't care if you wait 5 hours for something. Also, you could always get the angle you wanted of a ride for a picture. I'm sure we've all found parts of rides that would make great pictures, but in order to get it, you'd have to go in a restricted area.

mistermister

Roller Poster
Especially during the summer, a perfect park needs to have plenty of air conditioned buildings to cool off in. Its pretty surprising how much it can ruin your day at the park if there's no place to cool down and relax when it's hot.

Hutch

Strata Poster
mistermister said:
Especially during the summer, a perfect park needs to have plenty of air conditioned buildings to cool off in. Its pretty surprising how much it can ruin your day at the park if there's no place to cool down and relax when it's hot.

Agreed. The only time I got really hot was at Sea World Orlando in spring 2011. I wanted to ride Journey to Atlantis for second time in the afternoon just so I could cool off, but the wait time was like an hour. Though the temperature didn't ruin my day, I was boiling by the time I left the park.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
This would be every park's motto and they'd live up to it: Thrills and Theme.

Examples of parks doing a good job on this: Phantasialand, Efteling, Toverland, Djurs Sommerland, Farup Sommerland, PortAventura, Parc Asterix, and Europa Park. See a pattern? They're all in Mainland Europe. In America you either have too much thrills and not enough theme (looking at you Mr. Point) or too much themeing but not enough thrills (looking at you Mr. Disney). The key to becoming a good park is to balance thrills and themeing.

The park that is acheiving this the best in North America is probably BGW.

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
Nic said:
All F1 Grand Prix would be shown somewhere within the park. Opening hours would be extended to show it/compensate for time spent watching the race. If the race was within normal opening hours, the park would stay open 2 hours later than usual. If the race was before/after normal opening, they'd stay open early/late.
I so second this in my perfection of a theme park, Also in the case of rides that have queueline
TV's they would all play the Grand Prix - Oh and practise sessions and qualifying.

Chart music would be banned at all times, only good classic Park music would be allowed to be played like the classic WWTP Radio. Layouts would get extended without permission required after every ten years. Also every park would have at least 1 B&M Coaster.

Fright Night/Halloween Mazes would be free and the parks open from 10am to 10pm.

The opening season would run from January to December and will only be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day - 362/363* days a year *leap year. November to Feburary period limited rides will be available due to maintenance and weather conditions.

johhnyD1498

Mega Poster
Being able to go to SFMM all day with no wait on any rides, free GOURMET food, a Green Day concert, and front row on all rides