What's new

Ice Breaker or Tigris; which Premier Rides swing launch coaster in Florida do you prefer?

Ice Breaker or Tigris; which Premier Rides swing launch coaster in Florida do you prefer?

• Total voters

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. The state of Florida has two rather similar swing launch coasters by Premier Rides; Ice Breaker at SeaWorld Orlando and Tigris at Busch Gardens Tampa. While similar, these two rides do share numerous differences, the main one being that Ice Breaker is a custom Sky Rocket model while Tigris is an off-the-shelf Sky Rocket II model. I'd be keen to know; which of these two Premier Rides launch coasters do you prefer?

I haven't done either coaster, so I can't currently answer this poll, but I hope to potentially do both this coming June, so I may have to return to this question later in 2023!

But which of Ice Breaker or Tigris do you prefer?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Ice Breaker at least has the custom layout going for it ....but both suffer from absolute terrible train design and the unnecessary comfort collars

I never really ride either, despite driving by the one Seaworld going to and from work, daily. IB honestly had the potential to be a really fun ride but it's so quick and snappy that the unnecessarily cramped trains really hinder any fun I could have on it.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Ice Breaker is the clear preference as the unique layout makes it more interesting. Sky Rocket II's just aren't that exciting anymore now that there's quite a few of them, plus they're not good rides to begin with. The layout is just uncomfortable to get through.

Ice Breaker still suffers from similar comfort issues. The airtime is actually pretty intense but I was kinda distracted by how my legs weren't having the best of times.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Both are pretty uncomfortable coasters, but Ice Breaker just takes the cake by having the better layout.

Tigris is decent for it's height, but IB has the decent launches too, then there's a few good pops of airtime (albeit restricted by the OTSRs)

uwurawrus

Roller Poster
Ice Breaker by far. Great layout. Great airtime, great launches, really good. Restraints don't bother me.

Tigris... eh. The restraints attempt to tighten on you any chance they get. The SR2s offer a cool taste of every force you can get on a coaster but they don't really do much else. It's fine. Ice Breaker is comparably elite.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I will say - I am an unabashed Sky Rocket II fan. The layouts are wonky, pack weird forces, and I'm here for it.

Ice Breaker had more going on, but not by much.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Icebreaker has a wicked top hat. You get amazing airtime over that. Otherwise, it’s a pretty funky ride, a mini pantheon.

Skyrockets 2s are very intense with their twisting and vertical drops - perhaps a bit too intense - and they feel a little soulless, which I find typical of shuttle coasters… probably not helped because they are often clones.

…. the trains on these are terrible though - very claustrophobic for me (at only 6’ 1”) and my wife now refuses to ride any other ride with comfort collars as they’ve bashed into her ears very painfully (the shorter you are, the less lateral head-room you get).

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I will say - I am an unabashed Sky Rocket II fan. The layouts are wonky, pack weird forces, and I'm here for it.

Ice Breaker had more going on, but not by much.

I really like the Skyrockets as well, and I'd pick them over Ice Breaker any day.

Both of them are ruined by the awful trains which need burning and dumping far out at sea. But Ice Breaker felt really clumsy and uncomfortable the whole way around. If it had better trains, I might be swayed.

Matt N

CF Legend
Based on the comments in this thread and elsewhere, naming those restraints "comfort collars" must surely be one of the biggest misnomers in the theme park industry... the name seems somewhat ironic given that most who've experienced them suggest that they're rather uncomfortable!

Last edited: