What's new

I need help looking for a any coaster restraints

dotbox

Roller Poster
I've recently decided I want to make a roller coaster simulator put on a VR headset and it would spin to the direction of coaster(EDIT: its going to free spin so somebody else will move it the rotation of the ride) I've done everything except gotten the seat. I have looked almost everywhere online and I cant find anything so if you any suggestions to find any kind of restraint for a ride please tell me.

Last edited:

Heth

Mega Poster
I've recently decided I want to make a roller coaster simulator put on a VR headset and it would spin to the direction of coaster. I've done everything except gotten the seat. I have looked almost everywhere online and I cant find anything so if you any suggestions to find any kind of restraint for a ride please tell me.
You've done everything apart from the seat? Really, EVERYTHING? How are you achieving the spin?

I have no idea how you'd get a coaster seat and restraint. I cannot imagine you can just buy a seat and restraints and if you could I imagine it would be incredibly expensive. How much money do you have to work with?

I am incredibly sceptical.

dotbox

Roller Poster
its not anything advanced I'm only making it free spin somebody else will control it. its like a gyroscope with a seat in the middle.
btw I'm using bearing to make it freespin

Last edited:
There are a couple of ways you can get hold of a seat and harness. But it really depends on wether the seat and harness is purely aesthetic or you are actually expecting the rider to be properly restrained by it.

If it's option one then ask a few parks if they have any scrap seats and harnesses that need to be disposed of or if they ware willing to sell them to you.

If it's option two then do not use harnesses that have been taken off a ride because they are damaged enough to warrant replacing. You really don't want to find out the hard way that the harness you bought has a crack in a critical area.

Depending on your budget, you may be able to get new stuff from a manufacturer if you ask nicely, are honest with them and maybe give them a part number to make it sound like you at least know what you are doing.