What's new

HyperKik - New Hyperloop Transportaton System For Duinrell?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Looopings story confirms it to be some sort of April Fools prank:

Duinrell today announces plans for a new attraction called HyperKik. This is a state-of-the-art transport system that allows visitors to be moved from one side of the park to another within twenty seconds. There is something fresh about the story.

The amusement park in Wassenaar speaks of a so-called hyperloop: an underground vacuum train in an air pressure tube. Passengers should soon be seated in a capsule that is being transported at high speed from one place to another. A TU Delft team is called in for the technology.

According to Duinrell, fewer and fewer families have time for a day out. A hyperloop could offer a solution, because all forty attractions in the park can be visited within an hour. "With the HyperKik you can go to Duinrell with your family before you take the children to school,"says a spokeswoman.

Children
The TU Delft team is also enthusiastic. "We would like to test the hyperloop technique on a smaller scale in practice," says project leader Rieneke van Noort. That is why a pilot was chosen in the amusement park. "This way all children in the Netherlands can already experience what transport will look like in the future."

However, anyone who would love to try the transport system of the future for real should not cheer too early. According to Duinrell, the first journeys are expected to take place on April 1, 2020. That's no coincidence: the entire project is indeed a April joke.

Not original
The story is not very original. Last year, a similar joke was made by online supermarket Picnic. He presented a hyperloop to be able to deliver groceries quickly in a part of the Netherlands.
[/QUOT E]

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Ah, my apologies. If the video was in English, I would have understood the joke and thus not created a thread for it.

MrRC

Mega Poster
Clearly explained :
"According to Duinrell, the first journeys are expected to take place on April 1, 2020. That's no coincidence: the entire project is indeed a April joke."
;):D

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Ah, my apologies. If the video was in English, I would have understood the joke and thus not created a thread for it.

ha, no worries - I too saw that video and was a bit confused. Wasn't until I did some digging and realised.

But yes, someone needs to explain to them how April Fools works.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Don't sweat it - you were obviously suspicious enough that you haven't made a total fool of yourself. :p Good to see the silly side of the news too. :)

Ah Hyperloops... one day...

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
April fools does work like this as well. The hype up something a few days before April First and then they announce that it was all a joke on the first of april.
This works way better than just announcing something silly on the first, as nobody would believe the 'joke'... And seemingly it worked here, as at least one person fell for it ;)