What's new

How are you spending the Platinum Jubilee weekend?

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. As many of you probably know, today marks the start of a 4-day weekend in the UK to mark the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee; she has spent 70 years on the throne. So I’d be intrigued to know; how are you guys spending it? Are you doing anything to mark the Jubilee? Are you doing anything else fun? Or are you simply waiting for it to end?

Personally, I (perhaps controversially) have no strong feelings towards the Royal Family. I don’t have an issue with them, but I don’t really worship them either. With that in mind, I’m not personally doing too much to celebrate.

However, my family are quite staunch royalists, and I know we’re having some sort of jubilee party tomorrow. I’d also that every jubilee event is being watched in our household (I know for a fact that my mum and nan are downstairs watching one of the parades now, in fact), so Jubilee fever will certainly be quite present in our house over the weekend, I’m sure!

But how are you spending the 4-day weekend?

Sandman

Giga Poster
Not much really - just going to have a laid back 4 day weekend.

Make nice food, watch films, rest etc.

Couldn't care less about street parties and all that jazz.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I didn't plan it this way, but I'm in America. Haven't seen any mention of it over here; just any other days.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Maybe pop down to my local fair again and negotiate some days off for park trips further away from home than I've ever done before. I could also dip my toe in doing some longer bike cycles, been far too long since I've done a ride longer than thirty minutes.

In terms of the actual jubilee... having a good old barbecue with some friends as I do my best to talk about everything but the royal family. ;)