What's new

Hopi Hari to break Inversion record.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The Brazilian Magazine Veja apparently just announced that Hopi Hari shall be getting a new record breaking coaster for 2012 taking the inversion record from Collossos and 10-Loop-Coaster.

Most coaster sites have started reporting it is the Intamin 12 Looper we have seen in their catalog for a while now. I've read through the snippet on the page below and can only find reference to the fact it will happen not the maker or number of inversions.
http://portalhopiharimania.blogspot.com ... i%20Warner

I may have missed something somewhere though and I'm sure people have their sources for it, So for completeness sake here is the image with most of the news stories
Intamin12Inversion.jpg

Sources: http://www.parkworld.be/en/seizoen-2012 ... sie-record
http://steelcoastersud.blogspot.com/201 ... ndial.html
http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=60376
http://www.parqueplaza.net/2011/08/la-m ... ndial.html

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Wow...that'll give thorpe park a run for it's money!

I really like this layout as it's soooo compact yet it manages to do 12 inversions (all of which I like)! There's penty of near-miss points with the track and the threaded loop is excellent...

There is another forum on the 12 inversion coaster in news & rumors...but now it's real!

I wonder if the chinese will make one and call it '12 inversion rollercoaster'

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
CoasterCrazy said:
Wow...that'll give thorpe park a run for it's money!
I don't think it will.

I'd wager that not even 40% of theme park enthusiasts know of Hopi Hari, let alone 1% of the general public!

Although Thorpe (and Chimelong) will no longer be able to boast having the coaster with the most inversions, it can still say "The World First Ten Looping Coaster", which, imo, sounds more impressive. Then again, 99.9% of Colossus riders probably don't care how many times it does upside down.

It's my opinion that this will not affect Thorpe in the slightest.

As for the coaster, it's always nice to see a coaster that doesn't head immediately into a loop.

I've tried following the inversions but get confused. Please could somebody list them in order?

Mark

Strata Poster
It took me a few looks to figure it but:

That Norwegian Inversion thingy (cant remember the name, bit like a pretzel loop I think....?)
Airtime Hill
Cobra Roll
Vertical Loop
Corkscrew Right
Corkscrew Right
Turnaround followed by Airtime Hill
Corkscrew Right
Corkscrew Right
Turnaround to Left followed by airtime hill and another turnaround to left
In-Line Twist/Heartline Roll
Turnaround to left
END

D1993

Hyper Poster
Its a much better version if you ask me, although I dont think this is going to really affect the current 10 inversion coasters out there. its definetly better though if you ask me. I love the inclusion of the norweigan loop and some extra airtime hills and turns

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Yet better, we have a POV!

Made by none other than our astounding loefet.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Io5kLxDOf8[/youtube]

Mark

Strata Poster
^ It does look rather awesome. Hate to think how rough it might get though...

Kebab

Giga Poster
It looks vile. 8 inversions is more than enough for me, never mind 10, or 12 even! It's got a potentially intense, forceful, fantastic layout, only to be ruined by having 4 corkscrews, talk about consistancy...

Take out 2 of the corkscrews, and maybe a heartline roll, and I'm sold.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^I'm sure it won't be too boring, even if it is slow towards the end. Rita doesn't look great in Pov's but it's actually fairly thrilling to ride.

I don't get what's soooo bad about inversions, personally I think they're great and don't make you that sick.

Give this ride some decent theming, good reliability and a relatively smooth ride experience and it'll be great!

Colossus

Giga Poster
Well Well Well.... It would appear my babies about to lose her record :(

On a serious note i always knew it would only be a matter of time before Intamin sold one of these and fair play to Hopi Hari for taking the plunge, having a record holder could potentially put the park on the map?
I will still love my Colossus even without its record its still and forever will be "THE WORLDS FIRST 10 LOOPING ROLLERCOASTER"

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
The layout of this is a lot better than Collossus's. If all the corkscrews were one after another then It wouldn't be a very good layout. As they all are very spread out, I Think this is a very good layout.

This definalty should get loads more people to Hopi Hari.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I've always liked the look of this design, if in fact it is this layout that Hopi Hari are getting; I'd be surprised if it wasn't, but we don't actually know for sure yet, do we?

It's quite different to Colossus as well, which was basically an existing design with a couple of extra barrel rolls lazily tagged on. This isn't just taking a record; it's actually a much more interesting design which is a bit more than a bunch of inversions strung together. The first drop and those airtime hills look quite "Mega-Lite" ish, so hopefully they'll ride that way.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Hey Martyn

I believe it to be a slightly tweaked version of Colossus.... Colossus 2.0 so to speak. The stats are actually slightly different with about 10ft more height and 100ft more length, There is also news release floating around about it that states this

"Hopi Hari Theme Park is the first park in the world to feature the new version of 10inversion rollercoaster, representing an investment of R$ 50 million. New features include trains more comfortable for visitors, they are also more open, providing much more adrenaline. The lift is almost four times faster, reaching 20 km / h, and the curve after the increase was extinct: the fall is immediate, making the experience more exciting."

Now a bit may be lost in translation but it sounds like it's getting a cable lift at least and a drop straight from the lift.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Yeah, I read that as a straight drop rather than the curved one that the current 10 inversion coasters have.

I'm not sure how I feel about this to be honest. Sure, it's good that they're improving on the design, but I would have really liked to have seen the 12 Inversion model getting built.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
I don't really get this...why, when you could break a record and get some publicity, they don't...

I actually quite liked the original layout of this coaster but now it looks like it's going to be virtually the same as Colossus...

They won't do much to the layout...might look like this...

Heartline roll
Lift hill and drop
Cobra roll
Loop
Double corkscrews (or interlocking?)
Quad heartline rolls...

I do hope they keep the airtime hill though...

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
While I'm obviously disappointed they didn't go with the 12 inversion model I can understand why not. The nearest coaster with 10 inversions is thousands of miles away and they aren't competing with anyone for the record. Terra Encantada is closed for health and safety reasons and doesn't look like it will open any time soon if at all.

I'm not sure how true it is but I was told by some guys from some Brazilian forums that the park looked at Monte Makaya at Terra Encantada but decided not to purchase it due to cracks found in the structure and went for their own version.