What's new

Holiday Park | Tomorrowland Area + Ride | 2026

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
From what I've heard Plopsa don't want to compete with themselves never mind Europa Park and Mack. In the same way GeForce is the unique flagship ride that attracts attention from across Europe, Ride to Happiness does the same for Plopsaland De Panne. They apparently don't want to undermine it. Have no official source for this though just hearsay from fan groups speaking off the record with park management recently.

Plus anyone hoping for a clone - RtH was very custom made to fit the limited space in Plopsaland. The site at HoPa is totally different. Doesn't mean it couldn't be an Xtreme Spinner if they really wanted another but it would be a different layout for sure.
However I get the feeling they will go a different direction with this to make something more unique for the park.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Plus, business is business. If Plopsa is willing to pay for a Mack Xtreme Spinner, they will get it. After all, as far as I know, Mack coasters aren't cheap and they don't sell in bulk.

Yes. Europa is on another level from Holiday Park and Europa/Mack know that. Building a major coaster for Holiday Park isn't going to put a dent in Europa's attendance.

Plus, Europa essentially serves as a testing/proving ground and functioning advertisement for Mack's products. Half of its purpose is to help sell rides. Obviously, they don't have an extreme spinner, but that's sort of irrelevant. The more extreme spinners they are able to get out into the world (and therefore prove it's a solid, quality product), the more likely they are to sell additional installations. Honestly, having a masterpiece that close is probably an asset because they can easily take clients up the road to see the product and they don't have to pay for the installation themselves.

Fair point. EP can still showcase a family-friendly version of their spinning model in Euromir (even more after the supposed overhaul to make it into Euromir 2.0), while still prompt prospective buyers to visit Holiday Park to try their Xtreme model.

Christian

Hyper Poster
Also, I’d guess that the majority of Holiday Park and Europa Park visitors probably wouldn’t twig that Holiday Park’s new ride was built by the owners of Europa Park… I probably wouldn’t, if I wasn’t an enthusiast.

Manufacturers aren’t particularly common knowledge outside of enthusiast circles, from my experience, so I don’t think a Mack coaster at Holiday Park would be an issue for Europa Park.

They’re not even that close, are they? Correct me if I’m wrong, but when I looked, I seem to remember Holiday Park being a good 2 hour drive from EP…

My point wasn't the visitors caring. Visitors simply don't care about ride manufacturers. It was that Mack Rides provide EPs closest competitor with a world class coaster, which EP themselves cant match. Essentially causing self harm. It's an about 150km drive between the two parks.

As @Indy said it might not be a bad deal for Mack Rides. If Mack don't build HP's next coaster, someone else will. If Mack do it, they at least have something to add to their showroom and make money while doing it.

Matt N

CF Legend
Europa Park could match a flagship Mack coaster at Holiday Park, I’m sure; for starters, we don’t know just how good Voltron in 2024 might be!

It sounds absolutely nuts… but also absolutely brilliant!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
I rode it a few years ago and it was pretty terrible, but it's always sad to see a classic dark ride closed in place of an IP. I highly doubt there will be the same level of nudity in the new version, which is a crying shame.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
During the major Plopsa Group press conference and chainwide planning dump the other day, it was confirmed that Holiday Park has - as of only recently - nailed down a manufacturer and layout for their 2025 Tomorrowland coaster, curiously codenamed The Ride To Happiness 2.0; https://www.parkerlebnis.de/holiday-park-plopsa-plaene-ride-to-happiness-2025_155579.html

There has been some talk in German circles that we're finally getting the S&S Axis. It does make sense since S&S had at IAAPA admitted to selling two overseas and this fits the park. Of course, every time I predict axis for somewhere I end up bummed, so take it with a grain of salt.

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
During the major Plopsa Group press conference and chainwide planning dump the other day, it was confirmed that Holiday Park has - as of only recently - nailed down a manufacturer and layout for their 2025 Tomorrowland coaster, curiously codenamed The Ride To Happiness 2.0; https://www.parkerlebnis.de/holiday-park-plopsa-plaene-ride-to-happiness-2025_155579.html

There has been some talk in German circles that we're finally getting the S&S Axis. It does make sense since S&S had at IAAPA admitted to selling two overseas and this fits the park. Of course, every time I predict axis for somewhere I end up bummed, so take it with a grain of salt.
Already over a year ago, the news was one European park had bought the first new S&S Axis coaster. And back than the opening of that new coaster would be in 2023. But all the parks which could be possible to get that new coaster, where already opening something different in 2023.
But Holiday Park wasn't on that list because everyone was thinking about a Mack Xtreme Spinning coaster and they weren't thinking about an opening in 2025 either.

Last edited:

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster

Nah, don't think this is the Axis. It's probably another Extreme Spinner which would fit the codename.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Personally I’ve not seen or heard any trustworthy rumour on Axis.
The chatter comes across more as some very wishful thinking by some fans trying to guess a what could be more unique & wild than RtH (when nothing of the sort has been promised beyond new big coaster with the same Tomorrowland theme)

Justin2000

Mega Poster
I rode it a few years ago and it was pretty terrible, but it's always sad to see a classic dark ride closed in place of an IP. I highly doubt there will be the same level of nudity in the new version, which is a crying shame.

We lose Hollywood Tours and now the Haunted Mansion with Boobs!!

If Tripsdrill rethemes their Log Flume, I'll cry

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The dark ride retheme project has been pushed back to 2025 now; presumably this means again the Tomorrowland coaster will be delayed to 2026...
index.php

Source

cookie

Giga Poster
The old ski stadium is now completely razed and the debris is in the process of being cleared. There's apparently been more happening inside the park such as the park's antique merry-go-round being taken out and replaced due to tightened TÜV regulations, as well as a couple of shops and stalls near Expedition GeForce having been demolished to make way for new buildings.