What's new

Hershey Park - Skyrush Opening Day!

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
2 friends and I planned a trip to Hershey Park for 5/26, the opening day of Skyrush.

It's also a great park that we love very much, so there's that too.

We arrived at 9pm, an hour early to try and beat the crowd and we pretty far up front, though a good crowd was already outside the gate. Sadly, they let certain people, (who paid I think $100) in early and they crowded the line. Anyway, we ran to Skyrush and waited 2.5 hours, (though it would've been 2 if we didn't wait for front row) and it was worth it!

Skyrush is awesome, and my new favorite at the park. It looks cool, but not so bad...both in video and in person, but riding it is a whole different beast. It hauls ass. It moves so fast it hurts! The airtime hills eject you against the restraints, and the banked turns feel like they are gunna pitch you out of the car. Really fast. Even the lift is fast, even more so than Millennium Force or El Toro.

We then grabbed some lunch and went to the water park because by this point it was almost 1 PM...we were hungry and it was 90 degrees out. We actually caught a few more coasters: Lightning Racer, the Wild Cat and the Wild Mouse because there were practically no waits.

The water park is actually pretty good, (I'm not usually a big fan) and it started to rain, which emptied out most of the lines. We hopped on the Great Bear and caught the re-opening of Skyrush...got on again with only a 45 minute wait :--D We finished with the Comet and Storm Runner 3 times in a row.
It was a great day, and we got every coaster except Farenheit, (not worth the long waits) and Sidewinder, (no thank you brain trauma). A few other rides thrown in as well, plus the new beast twice and I call it a pretty successful day!

Some pics of Skyrush. Not great, but it's what I got from my phone camera on line.
WP_000088.jpg

WP_000091.jpg

WP_000089.jpg

WP_000099.jpg

peep

CF Legend
Ha, I love how a couple of years ago the excuse 'sorry these pics were taken on my phone' resulted in some blurry, low quality pics and now you get better quality pics than that of small compact cameras of a couple of years ago. Sorry, just had to post that :p

Welcome to the forums though and it's nice to see someone new posting a Photo Trip Report. Glad you loved Skyrush, makes me even more excited about my trip there very soon :D

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Haha you're so right.
I'm new to these new fangled smart phones...finally got with the times and you're not kidding, the jump in picture quality from my old phone is light years.

Thanks for the welcome!
I'm a bit of a struggling writer...so I'm never slow to get posting, especially about reviews.

Skyrush is bloody brilliant. It packs more of a wallop then it seems, even in real life. You'll love it, and if you've never been to Hershey before it's a great place!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Glad to hear positive stuff about the ride, sounds like an excellent day. I adored Hershey and Skyrush is such a great new addition to an already fantastic line-up. I also love the top two pictures with the poor bloke with his head stuck in the tubular track ;)