What's new

Help with finding a rollercoaster with measurements [Other]

vanisingh96

Roller Poster
Hello everyone,
I am writing a calculus research paper, attempting to develop a "scariness coefficient" for rollercoaster. I would like to know if anyone knows of a rollercoaster for which there is a lot of data available online. I need to know its heights at each peak/loop/cobra turn/etc. Similarly, if there is a simulation of a rollercoaster anyone knows of which would include this information that would be wonderful. I am trying to create a height vs. time graph so I would need as much details about its height as possible- online, most rollercoasters have just a couple loops labeled, but not very thoroughly. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt N

CF Legend
This might not be the right forum for this topic, but that sounds like an incredibly interesting idea, and I’d love to hear a bit more about it! Are you picturing something kind of like the Excitement, Intensity and Nausea ratings on Planet Coaster/RCT, but for real life rides?

As for your question, RCDB does have element heights listed for some coasters, but I’ll admit that that info is unfortunately a little harder to find for others.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Your best bet might be to hunt around various sites (Steam Workshop/NLExchange/etc) to see if people have recreations of real coasters that you could pull the data from. NL2 can give all sorts of data outputs on the coasters.

I'm no expert - but it is possible. :p

Moved to Q&A