What's new

Hawk [B&M Flyer NL2] RELEASED

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Just trying out a few things, but quite happy with half the layout so far! Ignore the colours for now, I'm just playing about for now.

qch4.jpg

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Re: RLR Flyer [B&M Flyer NL2]

Been doing more work on the ride, and I quite like it. I've incorporated some of my favourite flyer elements to the ending. They may not be to everyones tastes and they're a definite contrast to the twist-and-force first half, but I feel it works. I've always been obsessed with capturing that floaty exhilarating flying sensation, and I feel the tracks getting there, I just need to get the surroundings to emphasis this.

Screens.

v1dt.jpg

fk2v.jpg

c6e0.jpg

Once again ignore the colours for now, I haven't quite figured out how to present the ride as a package. It's getting there though, feels like I haven't done a project in AGES.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Bit of support and terrain work =).

qqsf.png

Going up the lift.

rpou.png

The "swoop turn/overbank" weaves between some of the lift supports.

Casio

Mega Poster

This looks stunning; I love the zero-g followed by pretzel followed by zero-g. Keep it up!

bob_3_

Giga Poster

A few more screens. Got alot of terrain work to do and clearances, along with a finalised name and logo. So watch this space

rru6.png

2j07.png

3w44.png

Ethan

Strata Poster

Can't wait for a POV and an offride video! This looks great.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Re: Hawk [B&M Flyer NL2]

Dave Ainsworth has jumped onboard this project to help me out with some pathing. It's coming together quite nicely now.

0iyd.jpg

rtw4.jpg

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Re: Hawk [B&M Flyer NL2]

DOWNLOAD

e7ox.jpg

On-Ride POV Video

Background

Experience exhilirating flight as you swoop, dive roll and float over rocks trees and a vast lake, like a hawk hunting for prey.

Design

Based on the concept of Wild Eagle at Dollywood and taking inspiration from Air, Sky Scrapper, Tatsu and Manta to create a personal celebration of everything I love about this ride type, The theming is minimal to allow the scenery to speak for itself as the design is all about natural flight.

A massive thank you to Dave Ainsworth for doing all the 3Ds work with the paths and queue-line.

Elements

- Straight down-dive
- Rolling Pretzel
- Overbank
- Zero-G Roll
- Swoop Turn
- Flying Air-Time Hill
- S-Bend Run
- Carousel
- Heartline Roll

Ride music by The Cinematic Orchestra

Enjoy =) and let me know what you think.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm not currently able to download the track and explore it myself in the sim, but I watched the POV and I was very (VERY) impressed.

It was smooth, I enjoyed the layout (my favourite bit was the rolling pretzel), it flowed really nicely and felt just like something I could see B&M making. Really nice track - I urge everyone to download it and give it a go. :p

Hopefully I will remember to download the track when I've at a better computer/have the time. :lol:

Ethan

Strata Poster
I really loved this.

The layout was so smooth, and I agree with Hixee that this looks like something B&M would build. I loved the plaza area, and how you could hear the ride music too. So yeah, amazing.

It was a bit short but I suppose most coasters are... However that didn't detract from the ride much!

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Great ride, and even better that you did a youtube upload!

The twist on the pretzel roll, was as others stated, fantastic. It got me thinking, I wonder how a Wing Rider/Pretzel Roll first drop would turn out?