What's new

Have You Ever Gotten Stuck on a Ride/Coaster?

Hutch

Strata Poster
There are always times when a ride/roller coaster unexpectedly stops or gets stuck in the middle of the ride. It can be stuck on the lift hill, or stuck waiting at the brakes. There are even occurrences when the a train valleys/rolls back. Whether it was a brief moment or a while, have you ever stopped or got stuck on a ride?

During my first ride on Magnum, our train suddenly stopped during its way up the lift. We were only stuck for twenty seconds, and I'd say it was around 150 ft above the ground. It was pretty cool.

Also, the last time I rode Cyclone @ SFNE, our train also stopped in the middle of the the lift hill, but for no more than two seconds.

I might have gotten stuck on a flat ride, but I can't think of any from the top of my head.

Never experienced or seen a rollback...

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I've been evacuated from Valhalla, and the ghost train in backpool pleasure beach, also got a rollback on the roller skater at farup after heavy rain.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Saw. Stuck at the bottom of the lift hill for about half an hour. Got a fast pass as compensation.

sparky2u

Mega Poster
Last year on AIR, when the train was approaching the left side of the station, the train stopped 1/2 in 1/2 out the station, took 20 mins to manually free us & was given a VIP day pass.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Cheetah Hunt - Got stuck on the brake run for about 20 minutes. Was pretty unbearable due to the heat but the ride ops did bring us out bottles of water.

The Incredible Hulk - Got stuck on the brake run as someone on the ride in front was sick.

Tomb Blaster - Had to be evacuated when the ride broke down. Got some free fast passes though :).

Lofty

CF Legend
Valhalla - Evacuated.
The Big One - Evacuated from the first lift, around a 1/4 of the way up.
Baco - In the break run, waited around 15 minutes before they evacuated us from there.
The Ghost Train in Blackpool - Evacuated.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Got stuck on DLP's Haunted Mansion for about 30 minutes last year... right next to the smoke machine, which they didn't turn off. It was a question of whether I'd die of boredom or smoke inhalation first.

Also in the 18 months I've managed to get stuck at the top on Saw, on the train on Air, in the station on Stealth, on the BPB monorail, stuck in torrential rain on Whirlwind at Camelot, and halfway round that runaway mine train thing at Chessington. What I'm saying is, don't come on a ride with me...!

marc

CF Legend
Dlp pirates for 45 mins before we were evacuated.

It was horrid no one could speak English and tbh they did not have a clue what they were doing.

The smell was so bad in the ride.

spicy

Giga Poster
Got stuck on Harry Potter sideways in one of the screens earlier this year for about 20 minutes, it was horrible and ruined the ride.

Got stuck on Winnie the Pooh at the Magic Kingdom earlier this year and Wishes was starting in 15 minutes. Missed the whole show and could hear all the fireworks going off outside whilst we were evacuated and walked through the whole ride. Was not happy!

Got stuck on the final turn back into the station after the brake run on Vampire at CWoA for about half an hour a few years ago.

Got stuck on The Mummy in the final scene with the fire going across the ceiling for about 20 minutes. The fire effect went off but the heat in there was unbearable and a lot of people were screaming get us out. That was horrible and the only time I actually was panicking a bit because of the heat. Just wanted to get out of there asap.

Had a rollback on Stealth which I was over the moon about, then took a while to get us back into the station and get us off.

That's all I can think of at the moment but there is more :lol:

therick311

Mega Poster
Just this year, I got stopped on the MCBR on Mantis. I was front row and we all waved at the train as it passed through boneville below, twice. Some of the people on the train even waived back. We made the best of it and enjoyed it. Although, if it had lasted any longer than 15 min or so, it probably would have gotten annoying.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Tomb blaster- stuck for 20 minutes after someone blow chunks
Big Thunder Mountain - Stuck for 20 minutes on lift hill
Saw - stuck on brake run for 25 minutes
Splash Mountain for 40 mintues with "brea bear and brea fox causing some trouble down stream" playing on a loop.

bmac

Giga Poster
Blue Streak - Stuck for 10 minutes because someone had to be removed from the ride on the lift hill for bringing a camera

Verbolten - Stuck on the bridge for 5 minutes due to some unknown reason, got a button out of it for being on the 500th train of the day.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
Stuck on Avalanche at Kings Dominion for a couple of minutes. Stuck on Harry Potrer and the Forbidden Journey for about 20 minutes, and ehen it started back up it skippe the dragon scene.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
It was HORRIBLE. Splash Mountain at WDW. Right before the lift. With those two stupid crows in front of us saying the same stupid thing OVER AND OVER AGAIN. For FIFTEEN MINUTES. I was just thinking, "Swim for it, Jarrett! It isn't worth it!"

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I've never Been to Walt Disney World and not gotten stuck on Splash Mountain.

I've been Evacuated from said ride and from the Universe of Energy Ride at Epcot

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
The Tomb of Inappropriate Jokes at CWOA broke down while I was on it this season...on a bloody hot day. It was STIFLING. They didn't bother with evac, it just started up again randomly. We suspected a pavement pizza was to blame but it was simply a shutdown.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Been "stuck" on a whole bunch of rides and coasters in my travels... too many to count really... But notable times would be stopped near the top of Superman's lift at SFNE around 11pm during ERT for 15min or trapped on Soarin' at Disney for nearly 30 and one of my favorites.... Stuck on a Sky Coaster about 2/3s up when the winch failed.
Been evac'd off two coasters (Hurricane at Pavilion on the lifthill and Thunder Mt. WDW lift #3) got roll backs on Kanonen at Liseberg and Rudy's Rapid Transit at Santa's Village.