What's new

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Film)

peep

CF Legend
^Wow, the trailer does make it look very epic. I do enjoy the Potter films so I hope these last two are good and end the series of films well.

Ollie

CF Legend
The HP7 trailer does make it look really good. Still not sure if splitting it over two films was a good idea though.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Ollie said:
The HP7 trailer does make it look really good. Still not sure if splitting it over two films was a good idea though.

The seventh book was pretty enormous (even though it wasn't the longest one) and to be honest, I stopped watching after the fourth film because I thought they were cutting too much out of the books just to fit the movie into 2.5 hours of time and the movies were getting disjointed. Plus they were getting a bit too reliant on special effects and I could swear half the Goblet of Fire movie was just BRIGHT BLUE SHINY GLOW.

Then again, I guess they could have just made it into one long movie, but I don't know exactly if their target audience (kids) wants to sit on their ass for four hours in a movie theater. I know I don't. :wink:

Ollie

CF Legend
^I'm sure in these two though they will still miss stuff out though and be adding their own scenes like they have before.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Ollie said:
^I'm sure in these two though they will still miss stuff out though and be adding their own scenes like they have before.

Probably, but it's a nice thought that they might do it right for once.

RCF

Strata Poster
Well Ollie I mean, this book has way too much information that you can barely skip over and you would still miss stuff. If they put all they could for one movie, then it'd be pretty damn long. And of course it's for money as well cuz I mean it's the LAST Harry Potter movie! It's gonna draw in a lot of people especially after people have seen the first part, it leaves them waiting for more you know? [/HP Fanboyism]

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ollie said:

So? Book adaptations can't always have scenes that are within the book since it's either pointless (Tom Bombadil from LotR), just really difficult to do, or just won't add anything to the narrative in the film sense...

The only people who would really really care are the pure fanboys... As long as the film(s) is/are watchable it's fine in my book...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
This really deserves its own topic I think - so posts from the Movie thread split and brought into here.

I don't know how much I'm looking forward to this. I didn't like Half Blood Prince at all, and I didn't like the first half of Deathly Hallows either.

While I think it's a great idea having the book split into two films - it's the book that least deserves it. There's not a lot of actual "plot" happening in the book. So it's going to be like Half blood Prince, lots of sub standard actors staring doe eyed at each other and failing to bring across any depth and warmth to a film that is about wizards fighting :roll:

I'll still see it at the cinema mind, as I have all the others... :lol:

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
Tbh, apart from the first 2 films (which arent great) I think they are all pretty rubbish....

At least the first two were fun, now they're just trying to be "grown up". And its really pants.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Not sure about the first half of the HP finale, but what I do know is that if they do it right then the second part of HP7 is going to be epic. They better get the sentimentality right otherwise I shall be annoyed. I'll probably be annoyed at the film anyway, I always am, but for some reason I have higher hopes for this last addition?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I think they do a great job with the films! (apart from the first 2..bleugh)

Although the last two were confusing without reading the book. But with the use of 2 films, hey can really get everything out of the books this time. Really looking forward to it.

Ollie

CF Legend
I wonder what part of the book the first film will go up to? Not a lot happens from memory in the first half. Just lots of camping and arguing.

Ben

CF Legend
5 and 6 were AWESOME, so I have high hopes.

Also...

Untitled-8.png

<3

Ollie

CF Legend
Has anyone else noticed this? In the first trailer they released a while ago for the film Hermoine had blood on her hands when doing the spell with Harry and Ron in the background.
But in the new trailer the blood has gone from her hands.

Trailer with blood here (at 26 seconds):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI2auxntPJI[/youtube]

And a still from the new trailer:
37288_411712772481_64501422481_4395358_5533537_n.jpg

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
It's an adaptation, not a copy.

And this is why I love the films AND books. They're too separate entities. I do think it's a good idea that they've spilt the last film into two parts, I'm sure they'll fill in all the dead spots with enough to keep us occupied.

Of course, it's the second part everyone will want to see more.

Ollie

CF Legend
Most people hated the part in the last film though where they added in a random scene where the burrow got set on fire by death eaters. It's like they knew people were getting bored so stuck in that random scene to get people to pay attention again.
Although they kinda ruined the plot by doing that as the Burrow plays quite a big role at the start of the 7th book.

CMonster

Giga Poster
When the last book came out, I walked into a bookstore, picked up a copy, and flipped to the last page.
Harry was still alive.

I was elated that I didn't need to read the books anymore. :lol:

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
I wonder what part of the book the first film will go up to? Not a lot happens from memory in the first half. Just lots of camping and arguing.

See, I read the book again knowing they were splitting it into two films, and I THINK it'll get split just after the Dragon in the bank scene, where they get the cup horocrux. It'll make a great finale to the first film, and sets the second part up wonderfully.

It seems to make sense, but I could be wrong..