What's new

Hamburg Dom Information

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I know I asked something similar ages ago - might have even been a couple of years - and it was answered back then with a link to some site (probably German) that I can't find now.

Anyway, How can I find out what coasters/rides will appear at the Hamburg Dom this summer. I can find the dates, which fit in perfectly with when I'm there, but no ride line up.

Thanks.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Thanks for those. I think it was one of those first two I'd seen before, yeah.

Yay for Teststrecke I guess. I'm assuming Black Hole is the same one that popped up at Hyde Park before, as well as Wild Mouse XXL. Also assuming that Kuddel der Hai is a kiddy coaster. Ah well, I'm there anyway.

And boo for no Olympia Looping. I'm never going to get that f**king thing!

My original plan was to do the one in Dusseldorf as well, but I've pushed the trip back by a week, so I'll miss it. Also, I stupidly didn't adjust the plans to reflect this; I literally just shoved everything back a week. I was going to do it as a day trip from Cologne, but now have a spare day there.

TilenB

Strata Poster
And boo for no Olympia Looping. I'm never going to get that f**king thing!

My original plan was to do the one in Dusseldorf as well, but I've pushed the trip back by a week, so I'll miss it. Also, I stupidly didn't adjust the plans to reflect this; I literally just shoved everything back a week. I was going to do it as a day trip from Cologne, but now have a spare day there.
You've pretty much managed to avoid it... It's in Duesseldorf until 23rd of July and then at a fair in Herne (same part of the country) from 3rd of August on...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Because obviously.

Ugh.

It's still better that I pushed the trip back though really. Otherwise, I would've been traveling back to the UK from Hong Kong and then almost immediately flying out again. Doable, but not ideal.

So annoying though. I'm in Cologne from July 28th -31st, then a night in Dortmund on August 2nd, which is basically right next to Herne, before moving onto Hamburg. Literally a day in it. F**k.

Last edited:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
You just know that when Gavin finally gets in line for OL the world will be like...

giphy.gif

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The worst thing about the whole sorry situation is the massive number of basics who have it since it showed up in London. I'm genuinely offended.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ That's what's happened with me as well. I wasn't even thinking of the fairs when I was originally planning the trip, so Hamburg is a decent little bonus since I'm there anyway as a base for Heide and Hansa.

Juts very unlucky timing with Dusseldorf/Herne.

S

SimonSays99

@NeoXIII - the map is from the Spring DOM. The official hamburg.de site is only updated the week before DOM starts.
This years Summer DOM lineup: http://www.jahrmarkt-nord.de/2017/05/hamburg-sommerdom-2017/
More information on the rides here: http://www.ride-index.de/include.php?path=start

Lineup is quite standard - nothing IMO to travel for. I would recommend Düsseldorf Rheinkirmes and - of course - Munich Oktoberfest. On the latter reasonable priced hotels can be found in Nuremberg and Augsburg - bullet train to Munich under one hour from there.
Barth has stated that he would likely not visit Hamburger DOM again as revenue is not good enough - weekdays DOM is mostly quite empty.

Last edited by a moderator:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Thanks for the update. It all looks very similar to Spring from what I can tell.

Like I said, I'm not travelling for this; I just happen to be in Hamburg anyway, so anything that's there is just a bonus to the major parks planned for this trip.