What's new

GYPB 2015 - New spinning coaster....

Martyn B

CF Legend
Re: Gt Yarmouth Pleasure Beach - 2 new rides

Not a good start, they've announced the first ride, an SBF drop and twist tower (same as Adventure Island). It's due to open with the park on 28th March.

The second ride is due to open in June. No news on what it is yet.

peep

CF Legend

Hey, those drop towers are fab, don't be knocking them for buying a good ride.

I'd expect the second ride to be of a similar scale.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Oh, I was just assuming that it's a kids ride. They already have a Zamperla Sky Drop, so it seems an odd choice.

The fact that the second ride isn't going to be ready until June makes me think it'll be more substantial.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

^Launched B&M Wing Coaster, with 18 inversions and a 95m drop into the sea.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

You're overthinking this like Drayton Manor. It's a Launched Intamin Twister Prefab Woodie with 5 inversions.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

elephant58

Hyper Poster

Ok, I'll give you the Intamin Prefab, if you add on a couple more inversions - and maybe a backwards, indoor section.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Martyn B said:
Oh, I was just assuming that it's a kids ride. They already have a Zamperla Sky Drop, so it seems an odd choice.

Lol so do Southend!

I do think that they're more like a transition drop tower and a proper drop tower though. It's good to have a bit of variation and something to offer everybody's tastes.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Oh yeah, forgot about that! :lol:

At least AI's is a part of a new indoor area with a collection of new rides. This will just stand alone on concrete unthemed.

I guess they could do with more kids rides though.

Jake

Strata Poster

elephant58 said:
^Launched B&M Wing Coaster, with 18 inversions and a 95m drop into the sea.

Ok, I'll give you the Intamin Prefab, if you add on a couple more inversions - and maybe a backwards, indoor section.

Wasn't funny the first time and will continue to not be funny until the Sun blows up and we all die.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Which they only opened in 2013...

This could be a replacement, but surely they wouldn't advertise is it as new? And it's not like they rented the current one either.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I'm really glad I saw this before going there next week. I think I'll wait till the summer before taking the trip now.

Sod going to Great Yarmouth from Manchester twice in a year.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I love how all the **** places in the arse end of no where are getting creds this year just to spite Jordan who wants to get all of the UK creds by the end of the season <3

This is fab news, I was hoping to go there at some point over the easter holidays, this means I'll get 3 creds and hopefully get to the one in Hemsby too. Yay.