What's new

Gyeongju World | Valkyrie | Gerstlauer Family Boomerang | 2021

Pear

Strata Poster
Gyeongju World in South Korea have announced a new shuttle coaster for October 2021 called Valkyrie! No mention of manufacturer or model yet, but it looks like a Gerstlauer family boomerang model.

4okejlzo5qq61.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/migd96

Redicmc

Roller Poster
Native South Korean here:
"최강" mentioned in the construction walls means "ultimate" or "powerful" in Korean, so I do not expect a family boomerang here.
It must be a large thrill shuttle coaster, and its actually quite surprising that the park is already getting a new coaster 3 years after their Griffon dive machine.
Maybeee a Premier/Gerstlauer launch since Intamin shuttle launch machines are quite expensive and they probably do not have a budget for a coaster that large.

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
As a local, I got an opportunity to visit here. Now footers and station building is under construction. While riding Draken I saw footers and bases progressed a lot.

grateful to see next coaster @ my home park in just 3 years. Scheduled to open in October.

Attachments

• 20210710_162015(0).jpg
    20210710_162015(0).jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210710_162015.jpg
    20210710_162015.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 31

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
track started to be installed.
Can't know what manufacturer that is.
Anyone kmows what type of track/what manufacturer that is? I don't want another chinese knockoff like a chute ride at that park.

source https://m.dcinside.com/board/amusementpark/37032
View attachment 13120View attachment 13121

This is Gerstlauer. Very similar lift hill profiling to Rewind Racers and the new Boomerang at Luna Park Sydney. First time Gerst is workin in the Koreas now, actually.

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
This is Gerstlauer. Very similar lift hill profiling to Rewind Racers and the new Boomerang at Luna Park Sydney.
Yeah that's defo a Gerstlauer like the teaser posters suggested. Should be a great addition to the park as these rides look like great family coasters (one of Gersts biggest strong points).

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
Screenshot_20210901-124302_Instagram.jpg
There we go! Track has just topped.
Source: Gyeongju World official Instagram

Rupert

Mega Poster
I don’t think I’ve ever seen trains put on the track before trackwork is complete. Is this normal for Gersts?

Ethan

Strata Poster
Ok nobody has mentioned it so I assume the answer is obvious but... If it's a boomerang, why the corner at the top making it a full circuit?

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
Last edited: