What's new

Grand National retracking?

Changa

Mega Poster
This isn't the most lively discussion but we just got back from bpb and I was absolutely floored by how well Grand National was running! Last time I rode it, I thought it was better than big dipper but still close to unbearably rough, as its almost known for around here. But now it rides as well as wicker man did in its opening year, with a general chaotic feel and a few janky snaps but nothing even close to being uncomfortable.

Since bpbs previous maintenance efforts have been... "charming". Does anyone know if there was a major rework? Or have the maintenance team just been on their A-game in general? Big dipper was closed this time and we didn't do nickelodeon streak so I cant comment on those.

Changa

Mega Poster
Closed early last season, received substantial re-tracking in the off-season and reopened late this season.
Oh ok, that makes sense. They did an absolutely incredible job with it & I hope that big dipper gets that much love and attention soon.

Katy

Roller Poster
The difference on Grand National is amazing - although the left track (facing lift hill) needs more work - it's gone from a ride I would maybe do once a year, to something i will do multiple times every visit - added into my "Icon then PMBO" Circuit.

Big Dipper is currently getting trackwork on the drop by Big Blue - it closed around the end of October.
IMG_0030.jpg

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
It is definitely an improvement, but I think it got a lot rougher again just over this season. I think they just need to keep ontop of non essential maintenance more really.

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
Went for a wonder around the back of BPB yesterday, the Beechers Brook turnaround is in the process of being retracked, if you looked up directly through the structure you could see running rail laying across the track.

Also, the Streak is having work done on the structure of the lift, there is a lot of scaffolding/ramps for the staff to work on set up within the timber. Further along the wall between Bond St and the park has been removed by the Maze exit, exposing the exit path and associated turnstile.

Obviously there is the ongoing work on the Big One too on the return over Infusion.