What's new

Gröna Lund | Monster | B&M Invert | 2021

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Actually this isn't entirely true. I believe the early European B&Ms (and possibly early Asian rides like Diavlo) were made at G-Tec in Switzerland before they later on switched to using Clermont for all their rides.

There is a plant in Italy who have done track work for them. Can't remember the name of it, but I believe they have manufactured some of the dive coaster track. But that must have been at least 10 years ago now.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I thnk that some B&M supports are also/used to be manufactured in Europe. As far as track goes, I think B&M used to fabricate their track in Switzerland, in the old Giovanola facility.

Coaster Studios has a video of the Clermont Steel plant showing inverted coaster track ready to be shipped. Is this Gröna Lund's or are we aware of any new B&M inverts?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I thnk that some B&M supports are also/used to be manufactured in Europe. As far as track goes, I think B&M used to fabricate their track in Switzerland, in the old Giovanola facility.

Coaster Studios has a video of the Clermont Steel plant showing inverted coaster track ready to be shipped. Is this Gröna Lund's or are we aware of any new B&M inverts?
It's Gröna Lund's invert. IC2-K.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I am not really familiar with B&Ms code. Didn't they change the coding system so that sneaky enthusiasts wouldn't reveal where those track pieces were headed before parks even announced their attractions?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
IIRC they used to print the actual customer name on the white label stickers. Forget when that changed, so now all we have are the marker-drawn track codes that we can determine what type of coaster it is. IC is no doubt for an invert, and as Grona Lund is the only park building one (already has track installed and its the same color as this), easy to put 2 and 2 together.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
We need to bookmark this post such that we can decode these every time the discussion pops up:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Indeed they did. Its right down the road from the B&M office and was what I was referring to when I mentioned the G-Tec factory. However I belive work stopped there when Giovanola went under after the dam failure and issues with Titan.

dcxs

Roller Poster
Thanks! Been waiting for some more news. So the coaster will be named "Monster" and themed around an abandoned/forgotten subway station. From what I can see the capacity of 24 persons per train is the lowest of any b&m invert. Also the entire area will be rethemed with a new york meatpacking district vibe.
Now cant anyone in Stockholm give us any construction pics :p

Last edited:

Tom P

Roller Poster
Thanks! Been waiting for some more news. So the coaster will be named "Monster" and themed around an abandoned/forgotten subway station. From what I can see the capacity of 24 persons per train is the lowest of any b&m invert. Also the entire area will be rethemed with a new york meatpacking district vibe.
Well the layout has to be very compact hence hence turns would be tight, so shorter trains make sense I guess

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The image clearly shows a 7-row train which adds up to 28 riders per train.

dcxs

Roller Poster
The image clearly shows a 7-row train which adds up to 28 riders per train.
This article says 24, “Every two minutes, 24 super-scared guests will fly by, which will be fantastic,” . But yeah given that inferno at Thorpe has 28 it seems more likely.

24 riders would be interesting, a shorter train might be because it is a more tight and intense course. Or maybe just for support reasons.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Just catching up on this - topic title changed with the name.

I don't love it, to be honest. I kinda liked Blue Harvest, in an odd sort of way - it was at least a bit different. :p