What's new

GoPro Restrictions at Orlando Parks

nadroJ

CF Legend
Hi all,

Got my dad a bday present of a GoPro and taking it to Orlando. Anybody have experience of using these on park and what the restrictions are? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
If you're asking about on-ride usage, Busch Gardens Tampa allows it with a GoPro chest mount. Not sure about Disney or SeaWorld, but Universal won't allow anything on their rides.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
SeaWorld will allow you on the coasters if you have the chest mount as well. Disney let's you handhold, as long as you don't have an extender / Selfie Stick.

nadroJ

CF Legend
It would be more filming ourselves on rides, so at Universal it's zero usage full stop?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
At Universal your allowed to film in the park as long as it's not on the rides. They even searched guests getting on the Incredible Hulk to make sure they were not bringing anything on the coaster.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Dragon Challenge and Rip Ride Rockit still have full body scanners you have to walk through before getting on the rides, and if you set it off, they send you to a secondary station will they will wand you. (but, at least the mandatory lockers are free)

TilenB

Strata Poster
ECG said:
At Universal your allowed to film in the park as long as it's not on the rides. They even searched guests getting on the Incredible Hulk to make sure they were not bringing anything on the coaster.

CanobieFan said:
Dragon Challenge and Rip Ride Rockit still have full body scanners you have to walk through before getting on the rides, and if you set it off, they send you to a secondary station will they will wand you. (but, at least the mandatory lockers are free)

Sounds like USA in a nutshell.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Wow, so strict! Sounds like a certain chain in the UK ;)