What's new

Goats on the Roof | The Goat Coaster | Alpine Coaster

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Screamscape has shared a great POV of the new Goat Coaster at Goats on the Roof in Pigeon Forge, TN. (Just outside of Dollywood)

This is the third (I believe?) alpine coaster for the area, which has a few smaller go-kart and mini-golf courses outside of Dollywood - the obvious major draw. Screamscape reports that the alpine coaster is 4,375 feet in length, which is shorter than the neighboring Smoky Mt Alpine Coaster. The layout still looks to pack a punch however!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q9jt8DFw-Y[/youtube]

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Didn't Coaster Addict post a POV of this about a month ago?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ They could have, I believe the public opening was middle of last month. The website Goats on the Roof built for the new coaster released a test ride POV in early January.

http://thecoastertn.com/the-ride/

TilenB

Strata Poster
Why exactly has this been put under the Construction forum? The ride is obviously done and open.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ For the construction forums, you may notice rides under construction are stickied, and once they open they are set to normal.

Topic could be posted under News & Rumors, but figured the Other Ride Construction forum could afford some additional life. :razz:

Darren B

Giga Poster
I know this is an old topic but it should really be moved to roller coaster construction, because even Furie would count this!

TilenB

Strata Poster
Darren B said:
I know this is an old topic but it should really be moved to roller coaster construction, because even Furie would count this!

I see you don't want to give up on your Cred Whore of the year award by no means. ;)

Darren B

Giga Poster
TilenB said:
Darren B said:

I see you don't want to give up on your Cred Whore of the year award by no means. ;)

Haha, no, I've given it up. I've purposely turned down over 10 coasters on my current trip because I can't be bothered to whore anymore. Quality over Quantity!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Darren B said:
I've purposely turned down over 10 coasters on my current trip because I can't be bothered to whore anymore. Quality over Quantity!
:shock: =D>