What's new

GhosterForce | TRIPSDRILL and EUROPA PARK | 4th-6th Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ned873

Roller Poster
Uh, this is embarassing... so after triumphantly entering the discusion I actually looked at the prices - which I hadn't done before - and I'm actually gonna have to pass.
I thought I could easily afford to come since I'm relatively close, but I can't find any accommodation that comes out to less than 150€, and adding the cost of fuel and the parks themselves the total easily comes out at 400€ - and that's with 10 hours of driving to avoid motorways since those would add another 100€ or more.

I can't really justify such an expense for a 3 day trip, especially because I had crunched the numbers on another one and, even going solo, I can fly to Barcelona instead, spend a day around the city, the next two full days at Port Aventura, and go back to Barcelona airport fully rested on the 4th with less than 200 (150 if I find someone to tag along).

Sorry guys, I really didn't think this through enough and I didn't expect Europa Park and the hotels to be so expensive. At that price point the chance of finding a friend to split the fuel with is nil.

Everyone else have a nice trip though, and I guess now I'm gonna go open a thread for a Port Aventura trip ?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
No worries @Ned873 hope to see you at PA!
Will has also dropped out - this is looking to be a very intimate Live!
I'll still run it as planned for those attending. I've already got so many ideas for fun things to do - not going to let them go to waste.

Just a note that there are plenty of reasonably priced hotels around Europa. The one I linked to previously is coming up at £38 per person per night in a twin room

Last edited:

Ned873

Roller Poster
Just a note that there are plenty of reasonably priced hotels around Europa. The one I linked to previously is coming up at £38 per person per night in a twin room
Yeah, but that's still like triple what it comes out at in Salou though, and it's contingent on finding someone to share the room with.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
No joy from Tripsdrill I'm afraid and we are looking to be a very small group anyway so I'm going to say go ahead and buy normal Tripsdrill tickets for the Friday.

With just over a week to go I should probably also dispense some meet up information.

Tripsdrill - 9am to the left of the ticket booths.
Europa park - Sat 9am and Sun 10am in front of the fountain.

Both parks open at 9am so please buy your tickets in advance. I'll send out my telephone number by PM incase anyone is running late etc.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Grab your waterproof and cut some eyeholes in a sheet, it's four days until Ghosterforce 2019!
Is this going to be the smallest Live ever?

Unless anyone wants to surprise me (and you're more than welcome), the final line-up is:
Sue
Chained Banana
Mouse AT
Screaming Coastercore

See you at Trisprill guys!
(I'm so unbelievably excited for Tripsdrill in October. Bring it on!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.