What's new

Gerstlauer Sky Fly for Nigloland

Martyn B

CF Legend
carre2012.jpg

In 2012 Nigloland a unique attraction Gerstlauer add a Sky Fly

Fly to the Sky 6, 8, 12 or 16 seats available, so the true size can not yet be determined.
More technical information: http://gerstlauer-rides.de/produkte/run ... te/sky-fly

As the park is still very strong interest in theming, I am very curious how this will be flat ride theming:

pb3skyfly05g.jpg

Source

Well that certainly looks like an interesting ride!

Lofty

CF Legend
That's fantastic news. I've been waiting for one of these things to actually be BUILT. I'm looking forward to seeing the ride in action. It's a good job it's only going to a "Small park" as the capacity on them looks DIRE.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
A little bit like a "Flying furie"...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTsPzsyG_zI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

...but taken to a whole new level!Sounds like lots of fun!

As for the flat ride theming...what about near-miss points on a flat ride...that would be exciting! :--D

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looks a bit like those chair-swing things that have the wings attached to each of the riders arms. You can then flips yourself around by adjusting the wings when the ride is in motion. I can't think what they're called, or where any are, but this is very similar. They look good fun!

I always think the name of this park is dreadful though. I always read it wrong... :(

Lofty

CF Legend
Hixee said:
Looks a bit like those chair-swing things that have the wings attached to each of the riders arms. You can then flips yourself around by adjusting the wings when the ride is in motion. I can't think what they're called, or where any are, but this is very similar. They look good fun!

I always think the name of this park is dreadful though. I always read it wrong... :(

You're thinking of the Skyroller things? It is one of them, well a variation of one, it's kinda had a little evolution into this.

Think of it like a Topscan and the Star-Shaped ones. Like that! :)

Pierre

Strata Poster
I've glanced at this topic title several times and always think the park name is highly racist until I take a closer look.

Anyway, good addition!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Didn't think this deserved tis own topic, but Nickelodeon Universe and Legoland Germany are each getting a Sky Fly.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I'm really looking forward to trying this variation of the Gerstlauer Sky Roller out & it's a great excuse for me to go back to Nick Universe. I first rode the Sky Roller when the kid & I went to Belantis after the Denmark Euro Live & enjoyed it so much that I took UC there last year just to ride it again. It took UC a few days to recover from riding Gotterflug twice (check out the video I filmed of his 2nd ride below). Although I don't think you'll be able to get the amount of sustained rotations on a Sky Fly that you can on a Sky Roller, it could be just as intense.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG8u36aaW84[/youtube]

Lofty

CF Legend
Ew. I knew it was going to look ugly but that brings all new dimensions of hideousnous to this. It is kind of vile. I want to see how it rides before I comment more, but, yeah, on an aesthetic point of view, it's kinda on the same level as Wayne Rooney or Subo.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, lofty's right. It looks awful. It might ride alright though, so there could be some good in it! :p

Lofty

CF Legend
^ I can see why they've done it like this, throughput and such is a NIGHTMARE when it's a gondola system where you load one side then the other, then run the ride, then do it again. It's the same reason in which Spin Doctor was removed from Pleasure Beach.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I feel sick just looking at it.