What's new

Gerstlauer "Les Speed Rockets" in Paris - Tinnitus because of noise !!!

nickMcFly

Roller Poster
Hello,
On the Gerstlauer roller coaster « Les Speed Rockets » in Paris at the « Jardin d’acclimatation » park, there was a very high level clunky metalic « clack » sound just before each car ascends the lift hill.
As it occured before climbing, I think this sound was not related to the "click-clack" clicking sound that usually occurs as roller coaster train ascends the lift hill.
This very noisy sound is not present in all YouTube videos I can find, so I think this sound was related to an issue the day I was there.

I have tinnitus in both ears since then !!! ☹
I don't understand why the roller coaster have not been closed until this issue was solved as this sound was very loud and there was many young childs.

As I remember this sound occured when a car arrived above the first bottom gear.

Does someone have an explanation about this heavy sound ?

On the following vidéo, at 1mn40s, you can see a car before climbing the hill.

Another Vidéo :
http://instagr.am/p/Blf89s_FqYd/
And a more detail image concerning the first gear:
https://captaincoaster.com/images/coasters/a/af8af782-24d7-4780-96bc-0cf03b110364.jpg

Many thanks for your help

nickMcFly

Roller Poster
it's the anti rollbacks.
Thanks,
I thought anti-rollback dogs were only preventing the cars from rolling back if the chain breaks when ascending the lift hill.
When ascending the hill I heard the "click-clack" of the anti-rollback at the bottom and at the top of the hill, the sound level was very fine and was normal.
In fact, the single hight level noise only occured just before each car start climbing the hill (this sound is not heard on the youtube vidéos I found)
If it was the anti rollback system, what could explain the sound level difference before and when ascending the lift hill ?

Sorry for English if i am not very clear...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
To be honest Nick, without a video clip showing us what you're talking about we're really going to struggle to help out!

You should have recorded something yourself and shared it!

nickMcFly

Roller Poster
To be honest Nick, without a video clip showing us what you're talking about we're really going to struggle to help out!

You should have recorded something yourself and shared it!
Yes I know, I should have done a video ... too bad !!! :(
but I thought it was maybe a common related issue and that someone may have a clear explanation.
I understand it's not so easy to know what it was, maybe I have to ask to Gerstlauer, for sure they should know what was the root cause of this noise but not sure they will answer me...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I understand it's not so easy to know what it was, maybe I have to ask to Gerstlauer, for sure they should know what was the root cause of this noise but not sure they will answer me...
I'm sure if you can explain to us what it is, then we'd be able to help. ;) But yes, if you do get an answer to this from anywhere I'd like to hear it!

Lofty

CF Legend
Sorry to say, but you absolutely do not have tinnitus created by riding a coaster for a day. That is not a thing - tinnitus is created from prolonged periods of loud noise. Riding a coaster is not a prolonged period - especially considering this is isolated to the lift. I think you had better look at other causes of it.