What's new

Germany or Sweden (post opening of Wildfire)

Germany or Sweden

• Germany

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Sweden

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Which one of these two countries would you pick for a nice coaster holiday? Germany which has the likes of Europa Park and Phantasialand or Sweden which has Helix and in the near future, Wildfire! Tough choice

Olaf

Mega Poster
I gotta go for Sweden. Why? I already have been to most of the big parks in Germany, and ill get Heide park and Phantasialand again this year

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend
Germany will have more obviously but the quality of coasters in Sweden will be better.

Wildfire will just **** all over everything ever.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Germany is relatively large compared to Sweden. At least in terms of where the parks are located (there is hardly anything North of Stockholm). I guess it could be even easier to combine Northern Germany and Sweden than to do Germany as a whole. I adore both of the German parks you've mentioned, but I guess Sweden blows it out of the water when it comes to coasters. Plus the parks do seem to be good in Sweden as well. :)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
It's really a question of if you like Quantity or Quality. Germany has far more coasters and parks. Places like Phantasialand, Europa Park, Hansa, and Heide all have some good rides, but also quite a bit of crap. Sweden has significantly less of everything, but the quality is a lot better. Helix is better than Blue Fire, Twister looks good, and Wildfire will **** on everything else in Europe, possibly the world.

If I had to choose where to go first, I'd do Germany, so you wouldn't be more disappointed after riding Wildfire.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
I have to go with Sweden. It's definitely a question of quality vs quantity, but Sweden has the best quality other than the US, China, and maybe Japan. Helix is top three, if not the best in the world in my opinion and Wildfire is easily top 10, and maybe even top 5. Also Balder, Twister, Lisebergbanan, Kanonen, and Insane offer a pretty good supporting class.

Germany has quite a few high quality coasters (EGF, Blue Fire, Karnan, Silver Star, Colossos, Flug) but you can't beat the Helix and Wildfire duo.

andrus

Giga Poster
TilenB said:
Germany is relatively large compared to Sweden. At least in terms of where the parks are located (there is hardly anything North of Stockholm). I guess it could be even easier to combine Northern Germany and Sweden than to do Germany as a whole.
I would argue that it's the opposite! Of course Wildfire will be close to Gröna Lund, but it's quite far to Liseberg and driving on smaller roads. Meanwhile all of the noteworthy German parks are located in the western part of the country. In fact, you could easily do a new major park every day for a whole week: Tripsdrill, Europa Park, Holiday Park, Phantasialand, Movie Park Germany, Heide Park and Hansa Park.

I would definitely vote for Germany! A combined top 10 for the two countries might explain why: :p
1) Black Mamba (german)
2) Colossus (german)
3) Helix (swedish)
4) Fluch von Novgorod (german)
5) Silver Star (german)
6) Winjas Fear & Force (german)
7) Krake (german)
8) Eurosat (german)
9) Expedition GeForce (german)
10) Kärnan (german)