What's new

General UAE Bollocks

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm finally getting my arse to the UAE in February and trying to plan stuff out. Looking at previous reports, it seems that parks in general there are basically empty, but opening times seem a bit unclear, so a few questions.

1. Are Motiongate, Legoland and Bollywood doable in the same day?

From the park website, Legoland is open from 10, so I'd start there for a couple of hours maximum - pretty much a cred run and a quick scout around. Then, I'd hit Motiongate which should be open from 11 (but with some stuff opening at 1?), and finish up at Bollywood which is opens from 4 until midnight. There's a 2-park/1-day ticket, so I'd use that for Lego and Motiongate, which are more expensive, then get a separate 1-day ticket for the cheaper Bollywood.

So, I'm thinking roughly:
10-12 at Lego
12-4pm at Motiongate (but could easily give it a couple more hours if wanted/needed)
4pm(ish) - whenever at Bollywood

Doable? Looking at probably doing a Tuesday.

2. Same question for Ferrari World, Yas Waterworld and Yas Mall (for the +1 but not essential)

It seems Waterworld would be open from 10am-6pm, Ferrari from 11am-8pm. I'm thinking Ferrari first, Waterworld in the afternoon for a couple of hours and then possibly back into Ferrari if I want to redo stuff. There's a 2-park ticket which i'm assuming will allow for re-entry? Any idea on closing time for the cred at the mall?

3. Global Village?

What's the f**king deal with that place? Looking at doubling it up with IMG but don't even know how permanent it even is. Currently open from 4pm, so I'd hit IMG around lunchtime and then shoot over.

4. General +1s.

What's open? What's closed? What's convenient? What's a pain in the arse and not worth the effort? At the moment, I'm tempted with Adventureland and Al Qasba for the +5 but not sure if I'll be bothered to venture much further than that.

Cheers

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
I'm finally getting my arse to the UAE in February and trying to plan stuff out. Looking at previous reports, it seems that parks in general there are basically empty, but opening times seem a bit unclear, so a few questions.

1. Are Motiongate, Legoland and Bollywood doable in the same day?

From the park website, Legoland is open from 10, so I'd start there for a couple of hours maximum - pretty much a cred run and a quick scout around. Then, I'd hit Motiongate which should be open from 11 (but with some stuff opening at 1?), and finish up at Bollywood which is opens from 4 until midnight. There's a 2-park/1-day ticket, so I'd use that for Lego and Motiongate, which are more expensive, then get a separate 1-day ticket for the cheaper Bollywood.

So, I'm thinking roughly:
10-12 at Lego
12-4pm at Motiongate (but could easily give it a couple more hours if wanted/needed)
4pm(ish) - whenever at Bollywood

Doable? Looking at probably doing a Tuesday.

2. Same question for Ferrari World, Yas Waterworld and Yas Mall (for the +1 but not essential)

It seems Waterworld would be open from 10am-6pm, Ferrari from 11am-8pm. I'm thinking Ferrari first, Waterworld in the afternoon for a couple of hours and then possibly back into Ferrari if I want to redo stuff. There's a 2-park ticket which i'm assuming will allow for re-entry? Any idea on closing time for the cred at the mall?

3. Global Village?

What's the f**king deal with that place? Looking at doubling it up with IMG but don't even know how permanent it even is. Currently open from 4pm, so I'd hit IMG around lunchtime and then shoot over.

4. General +1s.

What's open? What's closed? What's convenient? What's a pain in the arse and not worth the effort? At the moment, I'm tempted with Adventureland and Al Qasba for the +5 but not sure if I'll be bothered to venture much further than that.

Cheers

You can certainly do motion gate Bollywood and Legoland in one day. Legoland and Bollywood are probably maximum two hour parks.

Motiongate will prob take longer but the staggered opining time helps. Can do all the outside stuff first then Dreamworks. February will be high season so the opening times may have changed by then.

Ferrari World and Yas waterworld are doable in one day. Get there for opening and do the creds first then mop up the other rides.
The plus one in Yas mall opens at 10. So can grab that before Ferrari World.

Global village is open late and easily doable after img. They have a permanent cred now and a few other rides. If you have time it’s worth a wander around they have shops and shows from all over the world. It’s a temporary attraction that’s only open for a few months. It gets very busy if you are there at the weekend.

Plus ones.
Adventureland is great. Also antics land is close by and you can do sparkys Al Ghurair at the same time. You won’t get the qasba creds. I’ve been speaking to the manager there for over a year now and they just don’t allow adults to ride. Is a safety issue.

There are some plus ones in rak or al ain by they are a fair distance away.

Will you have a car? Where are you staying?

How long are you here? Do you want to do other tourist things too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I've got 5 full days and most of a 6th day (flight out around 6pm), arriving on a Sunday night and flying out on a Saturday evening.

No car, but the bigger parks/clusters don't look like they'll be a problem anyway. I'll do the major parks in the first few days and avoid hitting them on a Friday.

At the moment, I'm debating whether to spend any time in Abu Dhabi apart from the Yas parks. If there's not much to do or see there, I'm thinking I'll arrive there one evening and stay overnight at/near Yas Island, get the parks done the next day and head back to Dubai that evening. That frees up an extra day in Dubai, giving me two full days plus most of a third day for general tourist s**t and +1s.

I'm supposed to be staying at a friend's place, but not sure where he's living now. He did have a two-bedroom suite at the Shangri-La, which would've been nice, but they've moved him into his own place now. Pretty sure it'll be close to there though.

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
That all sounds good. The grand mosque is nice in Abu Dhabi. The Louvre too. There is a plus one in another mall in abu dhbai too. And a strange old school suspended dark ride about the history of abu dhbai at khalifa Park.

You would prob need a car to do the Sharjah plus ones. Have to drive you if it’s a day I’m not working. Burj khalifa has to be done. Ski Dubai is good. You can meet the penguins if you want. The underwater zoo and aquarium at Dubai mall is cool. Desert safari is cool if you like that sort of thing. If your free on the Friday should try and do a brunch of some sort.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Adventureland, antics land and sparkys al ghurair are well worth a visit - adventureland and antics land are a little awkward to get to but public transport, but taxis are cheap.

The dubai parks and resorts are certainly doable in a day, cost wise I seem to remember the park hopper tickets only allowed 2 parks in a day. (TBH, i''d happily skip legoland...)

oh - and on global village - make sure you don't go on "Women and families" day (think it was saturdays when I was there!)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Adventureland, antics land and sparkys al ghurair are well worth a visit - adventureland and antics land are a little awkward to get to but public transport, but taxis are cheap.

The dubai parks and resorts are certainly doable in a day, cost wise I seem to remember the park hopper tickets only allowed 2 parks in a day. (TBH, i''d happily skip legoland...)

oh - and on global village - make sure you don't go on "Women and families" day (think it was saturdays when I was there!)
Yeah, there's either a two-day, all-park ticket, or a 1-day, 2-park (choose which two). I don't need two days or want to do Legoland water park, and Bollywood is cheaper than the other two, so I'll use the 2-park pass for those and pay for Bollywood separately. Definitely the cheapest way to knock off all three.

Unless I'm remembering it wrong, the women and family thing seems to be on Mondays at the moment, but I'll check again closer to the time.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
Women and families thing is Monday. And to be honest if you are white and with someone else you can usually get in by saying they are family. I got in on a Monday with a. Coaster enthusiast and his girlfriend by saying we were a family. B

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Women and families thing is Monday. And to be honest if you are white and with someone else you can usually get in by saying they are family. I got in on a Monday with a. Coaster enthusiast and his girlfriend by saying we were a family. B

That's only Global Village, right? I'll just avoid Monday for that one. Will have to do some shuffling if any other parks pull that s**t?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk