• Love it

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • Hate it

Votes: 15 40.5%

• Total voters

madhjsp

Giga Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixsn81SqU6E&feature=related[/youtube]

Guess there are a few people out there who like this song.

jayjay

Giga Poster
madhjsp said:

This video is from Korea, so they understand the satire in the song. PSY is also massive in Korea and has been for years. As Gavin's already put it, the Koreans really loving this song is understandable.

For me, the only difference between this song and other charting stuff is its complete lack of seriousness. And that's why I like it.

Smithy

Strata Poster
madhjsp said:

I wonder if my feelings when watching that video would be identical to a South Korean watching any 'highlights' footage of some **** like T4 on the beach or similar.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
That wouldn't have happened without the international attention he's been getting. Fact.

There are much more popular, well-established acts that have done shows outside City Hall and not got crowds like that.

They'll all be worshiping him like some kind of god because somebody in the West has paid a bit of attention to this crap, and using it as bull **** "America loves Korean music" propaganda.

Morons.

kimahri

CF Legend
Nout wrong with liking it. It's a song, a silly song and simply enjoying it is harmless. Claiming it to be the next Messiah of music, which is what is happening, is the problem and the source for the annoyance revolving around it.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
kimahri said:
Nout wrong with liking it. It's a song, a silly song and simply enjoying it is harmless. Claiming it to be the next Messiah of music, which is what is happening, is the problem and the source for the annoyance revolving around it.

This. It's just a song. The issue is the way people are treating the song.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I was 'introduced' to the song/video around a month ago, well after most people had seen/heard it. I was told to watch it by my lecturer as it was brilliantly shot, and it was. Of course, he loved the song, hence why he wanted us to see it more, but I stumbled across it more for it's visual and structural elements rather than the silly dance and catchy tune.

Having said that, after I'd viewed it, I kept hearing it play 3, 4 or even 5 times at each club I went to, every night I went. I caught onto the dance, and it was a bit of a laugh. It felt very much like when LMFAO hit the scene - people enjoyed the music, they might do a dance with it, it got played a lot in clubs.

Personally, the song's died a death for me already. I'll download it, pop it on iTunes and happily listen to it if it comes on, otherwise, meh.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
kimahri said:

I don't know a single person who's treating it that way. It's always been a novelty song and people regard it as such, in my experience. My friends and I used to throw it on every now and then while we were hanging out, drinking & such, but now, I don't think I've heard it in 2 or 3 weeks. It's already gone out of style as far as I can tell, and I'm totally OK with that.

AquaTrax

Mega Poster
I HATE IT SO MUCH. If you play it backwards it says, "I Smell Like Cow Poop" instead of "Oppan Gangnam Style".