• Six Flags Magic Mountain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kings Island

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cstrcrzy1

Roller Poster
Besides the fact that I am marrying the love of my life one of the things I've been looking forward to the most about getting married this year was the bachelor party. I'm not the go gambling and get stupid drunk and blow money on strippers in Vegas type of person, I wanted to take a trip to an amusement park I've never been to before, cross some new roller coasters off my bucket list and do so with close friends and family and have a few drinks afterward.

Due to the current pandemic that is no longer likely to happen this year and is likely I will already be married before it happens next year but I still intend to have my weekend. What I need your help with coasterforce fam is what park should it be?

I've narrowed it down to five:

I would say Dollywood, because apart from the fact it is a beautiful park with some quality rides and coasters, it's also located in the Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg area. If you haven't been, it's an extremely good time and the free moonshine tastings in both cities have proven to be a fun way to get drunk for cheap! :p

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The other bonus of Dollywood (in my humble opinion) is that it's a great park for non-enthusiasts. No doubt Cedar Point has better coasters, but it's less fun for someone who's a more casual enthusiast (or not even one). Let's face it, Cedar Point, Kings Island and Carowinds are big rides and a lot of concrete. SFMM only differs as there's a hill.

Dollywood has charm, lovely food, beer, plus still some great rides. If I was going solely with enthusiasts, Cedar Point would win, but a group of people who may not want to ride the biggest and fastest coasters on offer? Dollywood for sure.

Cstrcrzy1

Roller Poster
Thank you to all who voted and/or replied. I'm likely going to close this poll sooner than expected but I'm taking all opinions to heart when it comes to my decision.

Cstrcrzy1

Roller Poster
Thank you all again for your votes and opinion I will be closing the poll tomorrow night and as of right now I'm not sure when I'm actually going to be able to make my trip and where my wedding as of right now is up in the air as well so I have to focus on that and other priorities

Cstrcrzy1

Roller Poster
Wedding will be in pigeon forge in September so it appears Dollywood could be apart of my mini honeymoon!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Awesomesauce! Doing anything longer for the honeymoon? Have plenty of park-and-hiking combo recommendations. :)

Cstrcrzy1

Roller Poster
Awesomesauce! Doing anything longer for the honeymoon? Have plenty of park-and-hiking combo recommendations. :)
Please and thank you!!!! We love doing that plus we are looking for a spot for the elopement. Any good places to see the mountains in the background?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Lucky you, that Great Smokey Mountain National Park is only a stone's throw away from Pigeon Forge. ;)

And as for a favorite trail at Great Smokey - this is a long, gradual trail that affords great views along the ridgeline! https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/tennessee/alum-cave-trail-to-mount-leconte

Cstrcrzy1

Roller Poster
Lucky you, that Great Smokey Mountain National Park is only a stone's throw away from Pigeon Forge. ;)

And as for a favorite trail at Great Smokey - this is a long, gradual trail that affords great views along the ridgeline! https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/tennessee/alum-cave-trail-to-mount-leconte
Cant thank you enough!!! Is there an admission or parking fee? My fiance insisted on Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg not just for the view but she insists I get new creds on this trip.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Cant thank you enough!!! Is there an admission or parking fee? My fiance insisted on Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg not just for the view but she insists I get new creds on this trip.
That's a keeper, if she goes along with coasters! Jess is less a coaster fan, so I remain tactful on recommending when to go to parks. :p

And entry is free to Great Smokey! Ironically, this was a specific term to the land deed that was signed over to the federal government, and would require an act of Congress to overturn.

Cstrcrzy1

Roller Poster
That's a keeper, if she goes along with coasters! Jess is less a coaster fan, so I remain tactful on recommending when to go to parks. :p

And entry is free to Great Smokey! Ironically, this was a specific term to the land deed that was signed over to the federal government, and would require an act of Congress to overturn.
Awesome!!! Faith herself cant go on them due to nausea and headaches. Even disney family coasters like seven dwarfs are a challenge. She knows how much I love them though and is very supportive of my new ig page and future YouTube channel

Cstrcrzy1

Roller Poster

So the wedding is in for next week and she purchased me at least two mountain coasters to experience. Dollywood is not an option for this trip but my birthday is in October so still a possibility.