What's new

Fun Spot Atlanta | ArieForce One | RMC IBox Steel Coaster | 2023

Btw there is also a tweet from the park to allow you to guess the name. Gave me an idea for the forum; What name do you all think it will be?

I guessed Falcon's Flyer, because the theme is set to be a major sport franchise locally in Atlanta (already knew that from the original announcement) so Atlanta Falcons (NFL) is the most realistic option cause Steel Curtain is NFL and seems like the most likely IP to go for.

emertens

Roller Poster
Yeah my money is on a full-scale RMC Hybrid. Not one of Zadra's size, but maybe like 120 feet or something like that. If this ride is going to have a sports sponsorship, then I really don't think it would be a family coaster.

I kinda hope that this new coaster brings along some other infrastructure improvements with it, like paving the parking lot, making the main hub of the park not look like a parking lot, etc. Just overall get the park looking nicer.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
RMC Raptor just feels right for the size and scale of the park, following suite of the Florida parks to have one "banger" coaster alongside the family coasters and flat attractions.

Intamin Forever

Mega Poster
Yeah my money is on a full-scale RMC Hybrid. Not one of Zadra's size, but maybe like 120 feet or something like that. If this ride is going to have a sports sponsorship, then I really don't think it would be a family coaster.

I kinda hope that this new coaster brings along some other infrastructure improvements with it, like paving the parking lot, making the main hub of the park not look like a parking lot, etc. Just overall get the park looking nicer.
Twisted Cyclone is about 20 miles up the road so they will probably not build a Hybrid

Hutch

Strata Poster
Even if they get a decent hybrid, I honestly don't think Twisted Cyclone will matter. All they need is something, like any half decent cred, and people will show up. Hell they could honestly get a clone of TC, switch up the color scheme, and it won't matter.

They're not trying to compete with SFOG, and if they think they are, they're in over their heads. Fun Spot will be focusing on themselves and trying attract more guests.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Somebody on Reddit made a nice find today regarding the so-called "sponsorship" for the RMC creation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/ns4tq3
The building houses corporate offices for both the Atlanta Dream and Atlanta Hawks, so we're narrowed down to those two.

Attachments

• 1200px-Atlanta_Dream_logo.svg.png
    1200px-Atlanta_Dream_logo.svg.png
    484.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 58419be4a6515b1e0ad75a58.png
    58419be4a6515b1e0ad75a58.png
    483.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Damn thoosies, man. Can't figure out how to apply deodorant, but can analyze pictures of the Hawks CEO, cross reference Facebook posts from the park, align buildings on Google Earth, and measure the FLOORS of the building to determine the possible theme of a new ride. Truly remarkable.
You’d be surprised at the detective skills of some in this community; some enthusiasts are brilliant at deciphering things from even the most minor snippet of information!

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
I can confim this is NOT a raptor.

The reason why this isnt a raptor and is 100% an RMC woodie?
Is because both GCI and the GG both bid on this project too and they surely wouldnt bid on a steel coaster?
One; where did you hear that from?

And two; is this the culprit the allegedly considered buying Silver Comet from Fantasy Island back in 2020 and Titan-track it? Was a ridiculous rumor on Screamscape back in 2020. There's evidence to support that, we know that Fun Spot was digging around after Apex announced the closure of Fantasy Island and Indiana Beach. We also know that this was around the time or even before that plans were laid to apply Titan Track to White Lightning as a test. And private convos that I had with Lance from Screamscape long after he posted such state that it very much did happen, but refused to reveal the culprit. I bring this conspiracy theory up online every so often, but if you're not joking about GCI making a bid here then we have another puzzle piece here.

Last edited: