What's new

Fun Spot Atlanta | ArieForce One | RMC IBox Steel Coaster | 2023

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Here's the park footprint and land currently available, obviously there's that huge plot up by the northeast side of the park that could fit something decent. Time to get to the speculation, I guess.

If I really had to say, maybe it's not a coincidence that the RMC family coaster layout was only revealed a few days ago. Just pulling at straws here but thats a thought that I'm happy to entertain.

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_2021-05-25_at_1.41.09_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2021-05-25_at_1.41.09_PM.png
    924.9 KB · Views: 87

Groot

Roller Poster
Don't forget this is the same Fun Spot chain that has recently installed a large inverting woodie at their Florida park! I wouldn't discount a bigger IBox just yet.

Exciting either way!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

In addition to the fact that Fun Spot is looking to partner with an Atlanta Pro Sports team, I definitely wouldn't discount potentially something that could be larger than TwiCy... Maybe even to the scale of Storm Chaser?? All speculation right now, of course.

Matt N

CF Legend
Interesting! It would appear that Fun Spot has now used all 3 of the major manufacturers of wooden (or at least, wood-structured) roller coasters in their parks, and they only seem to have used each once!

GCI was used for White Lightning at Fun Spot Orlando, Gravity Group was used for Mine Blower at Fun Spot Kissimmee, and now RMC are being used for this yet-to-be-announced coaster at Fun Spot Atlanta! I wonder why they went for different manufacturers for each ride?

Regardless, this should be really exciting for Fun Spot Atlanta!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Interesting! It would appear that Fun Spot has now used all 3 of the major manufacturers of wooden (or at least, wood-structured) roller coasters in their parks, and they only seem to have used each once!

GCI was used for White Lightning at Fun Spot Orlando, Gravity Group was used for Mine Blower at Fun Spot Kissimmee, and now RMC are being used for this yet-to-be-announced coaster at Fun Spot Atlanta! I wonder why they went for different manufacturers for each ride?

Regardless, this should be really exciting for Fun Spot Atlanta!
Although it's good for parks to have a good relationship with certin manufacturers (see Alton Towers in the 90s with B&M or BG until the early 00s) I like when they approach different manufacturer to explore further options which may suit their needs better.

Really excited to find out this! After all, if it's meant to be open in 2022, we will find what coaster it will be sooner rather than later.

MountedShooter

Mega Poster
I've never really had a reason to visit this park even though they are only a couple hours drive. This will definitely get me to visit.

I'm with TPoseOnTantrum on it being the recently revealed Family Coaster. Fun Spot is more known as a family park, not a thrill park.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
If it is the family coaster (which I reckon it will be) do we think it'll be that model shown on RMC's website, or one of the other standard models? Or even a custom layout, who knows. But I reckon we will be seeing the coaster layout shown.

ricky coasters

Roller Poster
Today I Learned: Fun Spot Atlanta exists.
Here's the park footprint and land currently available, obviously there's that huge plot up by the northeast side of the park that could fit something decent. Time to get to the speculation, I guess.

If I really had to say, maybe it's not a coincidence that the RMC family coaster layout was only revealed a few days ago. Just pulling at straws here but thats a thought that I'm happy to entertain.
I think theres a chance that it's da extended raptor clone layout because they said the project was gonna be of ''huge proportions'' or something like that along those lines in the announcement, but the new RMC family ride will probably end up being this mystery project

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I think theres a chance that it's da extended raptor clone layout because they said the project was gonna be of ''huge proportions'' or something like that along those lines in the announcement, but the new RMC family ride will probably end up being this mystery project

Attachments

• 08D15D18-07D1-4EBB-B76F-16B1AB3571EF.jpeg
    08D15D18-07D1-4EBB-B76F-16B1AB3571EF.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 47

RcTmix

Mega Poster
Maybe they bought the 500 foot TRex that Cedar Point cancelled after ordering their 26 inversion Gerstlauer. I mean, if Silverwood can rip off Kentucky Kingdom's RMC, then why not?

In all seriousness my money's on the RMC family coaster.

CoasterMOG

Roller Poster
I'm going with a Raptor model themed to the Atlanta Hawks. Why a Raptor?...

Fun Spot may not be considered your typical "thrill" park, but I kind of beg to differ. Look at Kissimmee, tallest skyscoaster in the world (granted, you pay extra for it), but look at Mine Blower) and their most recent new non family/kiddie coaster addition for all the Funspots is Mine Blower. Mine blower is the only "Extreme" coaster in their chain and with this new addition being "Fun Spot America’s largest Roller Coaster investment ever", I don't know....I just don't see RMC's new family coaster being a 7 mil+ addition. If Fun Spot is dropping that amount of cash, why go do a Twisted Colossus "light"; how have you really distinguished yourself on your marque ride when its bigger brother is just up the road from you? Now if you take a look at how successful the raptor models are now becoming, the hype and social media following around the most recent ones about to open, you're telling me if you were funspot and was given the opportunity to have the only Raptor (for now) within a 750 mile radius of the country that you wouldn't jump all over it? I know I would.

A raptor model also helps play into the naming rights with an Atlanta sports franchise. It ain't gonna be the Braves cause some of the controversy that mascot name evokes in some and frankly, there still is a bit of bad blood with the City of Atlanta and it's south side ever since the franchise up and moved to the wealthier suburbs north and outside the city. It isn't going to be Atlanta United because how is it really going to help the ride (themed to what exactly?..) and help Atlanta United with their fan base. Atlanta United already is the most valuable of all the MLS soccer franchises with the highest fan attendance by far. That leaves both the Falcons and the Hawks. As for ride theming, so easy with the whole "bird of prey" motif. If RMC does that front car right like the incredible Jersey Devil design but to a Falcon/Hawk head, it'll look frankly badass. Even if done in the spirit of the actual logos for the falcons/hawks and track color scheme, that too would look incredible. As for which of the two, it's going to be the Hawks. Any kind of use rights is going to be much more expensive with the falcons over the hawks, and the falcon's don't have an attendance problem unlike the hawks where they were near the bottom of all NBA teams for attendance.

A Hawk Themed Raptor for 2022 practically in my back yard...hell yeah

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
A raptor model also helps play into the naming rights with an Atlanta sports franchise. It ain't gonna be the Braves cause some of the controversy that mascot name evokes in some and frankly, there still is a bit of bad blood with the City of Atlanta and it's south side ever since the franchise up and moved to the wealthier suburbs north and outside the city. It isn't going to be Atlanta United because how is it really going to help the ride (themed to what exactly?..) and help Atlanta United with their fan base. Atlanta United already is the most valuable of all the MLS soccer franchises with the highest fan attendance by far. That leaves both the Falcons and the Hawks. As for ride theming, so easy with the whole "bird of prey" motif. If RMC does that front car right like the incredible Jersey Devil design but to a Falcon/Hawk head, it'll look frankly badass. Even if done in the spirit of the actual logos for the falcons/hawks and track color scheme, that too would look incredible. As for which of the two, it's going to be the Hawks. Any kind of use rights is going to be much more expensive with the falcons over the hawks, and the falcon's don't have an attendance problem unlike the hawks where they were near the bottom of all NBA teams for attendance.
I could say the same thing but Braves, who have the bigger fanbase and have a larger market.

JSM

Mega Poster
Not really sure how reliable this is but according to Screamscape it seems like It'll be a full size RMC:
While nothing has been confirmed by Fun Spot or RMC at this point, Screamscape sources tell us that the new RMC coaster coming to Fun Spot Atlanta will be quite a surprise to most. If the rumors are true, we can expect a fairly large RMC Hybrid style coaster to appear on the site, which means that the first phase of site clearing and construction will likely have to begin very soon, if it hasn’t already. So if you are local to the area, please do keep your eyes open for signs of the new coaster.