What's new

Fuji-Q | Zokko | Intamin Multi-Launch Motorbike | 2023

Looks really cool! I am hoping to visit Japan as well as Fuji Q for the first time in March 2023.. has there been any word on an opening date? Really hoping they manage to fix whatever is wrong with Do-Dodonpa as well!

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
We're still "Unknown | Unknown" for this thread. Have I missed something, or are we still none the wiser what this is?
Pretty much confirmed to be an Intamin motorbike coaster based on the hardware and construction wall posters, assumed to be a multi-launch.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Pretty much confirmed to be an Intamin motorbike coaster based on the hardware and construction wall posters, assumed to be a multi-launch.
Enough for me to update the topic title with the coverall "?". ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It’s definitely an Intamin and it’s definitely a motorbike coaster. The multi-launch aspect is only an extremely safe bet at this point until we see more track home up.
True, so I suppose the multi-launch bit justifies the question mark. That, and our general policy has always been "until confirmed officially".

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
A shot of the construction site from a few days ago. Shows nicely what appear to be 2 side by side launches.

We can at least safetly say that while it may be an Intamin motorbike coaster it is NOT the motorbike coaster shown in the video that was posted a while back

I'm also begining to wonder if the building on the left is the station or perhaps a drop track? theres a number of lines of footers heading in and out of it.

Jared

Hyper Poster
^ Looks plausible that there may be a drop track. Does it have the huge pit for the system to fit into though? Last I heard Th13teen has a 10m deep pit that the drop system slots into in the ground when it falls. Unless Intamin has updated the design of course.

Matt N

CF Legend
It would certainly make sense for it to be for a drop track, or at very least a switch track of some description, given that there are footers going into that building from two directions.

On a separate note, what is the “potentially sensitive content” in that tweet? I don’t know about anyone else, but Twitter initially blocked me from viewing it due to “potentially sensitive content” until I pressed “View”…

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
That image is very odd.

But notice how the "spine" for most of that is dead straight. It almost seems they are just using a support as a makeshift spine. The kink at the top youve circled could be the next section of this support structure?

Edit:

Yeah - It's 2 tube track with a support behind it. It's defo an Intamin, I just don't get why they aren't using tri-tube.

Why would you if its cheaper not to i guess. If the program they use to calculate forces says you dont need stronger track then they won't use stronger track.
in this case the use of the support structure is unusual but its pretty cool