What's new

Fuji-Q | Zokko | Intamin Multi-Launch Motorbike | 2023

Pear

Strata Poster
Fuji-Q's latest press release shows that in 2022 they will be building a coaster that costs about 3.6 Billion Yen (about 33 million USD). This is around the same cost as Eejanaika and will be the most expensive addition to the park. The press release (in Japanese) can be seen here. Here are some interesting details from Reddit.

1580923339936.png

I honestly think it could be a giga or dive machine. Perhaps I'll have to actually visit Japan in 2022.

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I would love to see another Intamin giga in the world along the lines of I305, although it could be something bigger. I don't want a dive machine thank you.

The park looks pretty landlocked, so I'm not sure where they'd fit such a huge coaster. It would likely have to be compact.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'd love to see them do an insane Intamin multi-launch, but given they have two other launches I won't hold my breath.

Something wooden (including RMC here) would be nice too. Could see a Raptor or T-Rex too.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I would love to see another Intamin giga in the world along the lines of I305, although it could be something bigger. I don't want a dive machine thank you.

The park looks pretty landlocked, so I'm not sure where they'd fit such a huge coaster. It would likely have to be compact.

Is that because you ridden all of them mate?? When are you off to Japan crash coaster?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Eh? Which bit are you on about? I have experience with dive coasters, and it is common knowledge that there are much better coasters out there if that's what your asking.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Interesting. No telling what it'll be but do keep in mind that a lot more money is going to be put into supports and structure to keep it stable in the earthquake prone country of japan. Whatever it is seeing someone spend that much money on a ride is a good thing.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Eh? Which bit are you on about? I have experience with dive coasters, and it is common knowledge that there are much better coasters out there if that's what your asking.
Mate it was tongue & cheek, you made it sound like you have vast experience with dm coasters.
I’m kinda hope they go for something unique as that would be cool. Not that I’m gonna be in japan for a while yet..... interesting project tho

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Looks slow.

But seriously...
RMC Trex. Calling it now.

Yeah, that was the first thing that sprung to mind actually. I have zero evidence, no inside knowledge, no logical reason to think that other than; 'OMG - Japan, expensive coaster - could be a T Rex!'
It's a blind leap, I know, but at this stage blind leaps is all we got.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I'd love to see them do an insane Intamin multi-launch, but given they have two other launches I won't hold my breath.

Something wooden (including RMC here) would be nice too. Could see a Raptor or T-Rex too.
I don't think that Intamin multi-launch coasters cost that much anymore; Taiga was apparently somewhere around $10-15 million.

Jussunen

Roller Poster
I don't think that Intamin multi-launch coasters cost that much anymore; Taiga was apparently somewhere around $10-15 million.
Only Taiga's track, trains, design ect. was about 10 million euros but they haven't told the overall cost with buildings and building costs ect. One Finnish magazine says it was double that price.

(Source: https://www.tekniikkatalous.fi/uuti...laitteen/b7303c84-3923-3d03-95db-b63b2633627c, https://www.seiska.fi/Uutiset/Uutta...tteesta-leikittelee-painottomuudella-sisaltaa)

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Very interesting! I think some CFers could be onto something with the RMC T-Rex idea; Fuji-Q has a bit of a reputation for somewhat radical, out-there coaster installations (Eejanaika, Dodonpa etc.), so a T-Rex would be right up their avenue if they have the space!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, that was the first thing that sprung to mind actually. I have zero evidence, no inside knowledge, no logical reason to think that other than; 'OMG - Japan, expensive coaster - could be a T Rex!'
Hey, that's at least two pieces of evidence, which is more than what usually triggers T-Rex predictions. Often, people just see a piece of land adjacent to a park, think "Hmm... they could probably fit a T-Rex there" and then jump right to the conclusion that the first 150 m coaster is on the way for the next season.

emoo

Hyper Poster
That could be what the extra budget is for although history hasn't shown they put much thought into capacity/throughput.

Recent reports do show improvements at the park so perhaps things are improving. I've always got lucky.

The main constant I hope they stick to is building something nuts.

cookie

Giga Poster
Mad Mouse being removed opened up most of the land between Eejanaika and Fujiyama where the former Zola 7 building also stands. Something a bit more compact could easily fit in there.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Mad Mouse being removed opened up most of the land between Eejanaika and Fujiyama where the former Zola 7 building also stands. Something a bit more compact could easily fit in there.
Since when did Mad Mouse clo-*checks RCDB* oh wait it closed in September last year. OK.

Also, NEW FOR 2022: DISSAPOINTMENT: THE RIDE!